Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

THROTTLE HOUSE: Escalade V vs. Durango Hellcat (Drag/Roll/Surprise Race)

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Dang, those 'Cats bite!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I have never been in the Durango but I owned a modded trackhawk for a few years. There is no sound better then a Hellcat super charger with just a CAI. The Mopar motor makes more power easier then any of the many LS motors I have owned. No LTs for me yet. Saying all that I will still take the Escalade any day over the Trackhawk or Durango. but 145K lmao no thanks I will keep my ST

Side note the Escalade V should of had a LT5 also not sure why GM didnt. if the V was 100K id prob look at it but not 145K

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
They sound awesome too.
That they do. That they do ...

I have never been in the Durango but I owned a modded trackhawk for a few years. There is no sound better then a Hellcat super charger with just a CAI ... if the V was 100K id prob look at it but not 145K
Yeah, I bet it did sound great! But even at 100k, the V would be a hard pass for me.

The two 22 ST's I had bought (one replaced the other) were the most expensive vehicles I had ever purchased. Now I had new Stangs, sports sedans, etc. but they were model year leftovers with considerable discounts that also had rebates heaped upon rebates.

Not so with the ST, where I had to search long and hard just to find one at sticker price. Lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
That they do. That they do ...

Yeah, I bet it did sound great! But even at 100k, the V would be a hard pass for me.

The two 22 ST's I had bought (one replaced the other) were the most expensive vehicles I had ever purchased. Now I had new Stangs, sports sedans, etc. but they were model year leftovers with considerable discounts that also had rebates heaped upon rebates.

Not so with the ST, where I had to search long and hard just to find one at sticker price. Lol
Totally understand I am def not the smartest when it comes to cars. I have 45k dollar paint job on a 61 bubbletop impala. I’m close to 200k in that car. There is a sickness in me that I’ve had my whole life I just love cars more then money.

Reactions
I have always loved a Cadillac V but not that Escalade. That Durango looks more appealing

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Totally understand I am def not the smartest when it comes to cars. I have 45k dollar paint job on a 61 bubbletop impala ...
I lived in a house once that cost around $45k. :oops:

I have always loved a Cadillac V but not that Escalade. That Durango looks more appealing
The V is nice, but it's so dang big. It's 800 lbs more than the Durango Cat while being down 28 hp. And look at its cornering stats, I mean who wants an SUV that runs high 12's but only pulls a miserable 0.69 g. At least the Durango Cat pulls 0.87 g, which is pretty decent.

cad v.jpg

dur hcat.jpg