Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

The Not So Rapid Red Project

OP
patricklb1
Reactions
Thread Starter #42
Thanks man, just trying to make it mine, lol. I wish I had the skills to install that vent gauge you put in for ethanol content.

Reactions
Looks great! I wish the housing came black! How hard was taking apart the light and resealing

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thanks man, just trying to make it mine, lol. I wish I had the skills to install that vent gauge you put in for ethanol content.
If you pulled your headlights apart you can do the gauge :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrBoom_5.0

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Had a little eye work done on the ST this week courtesy of Bullseye Custom Autos. Blacked out all the chrome on the headlights and fog lamps and added a little Rapid Red Accent in the headlights, along with RGB DRL's.

Thank you again, it turned out killer!

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Had a little eye work done on the ST this week courtesy of Bullseye Custom Autos. Blacked out all the chrome on the headlights and fog lamps and added a little Rapid Red Accent in the headlights, along with RGB DRL's.
Looking good

Travis

Reactions
@patricklb1 What brand and color of powder coating did you use on the parts in the engine bay?

OP
patricklb1
Reactions
Thread Starter #50
@patricklb1 What brand and color of powder coating did you use on the parts in the engine bay?
I don't actually know the brand, but the color is Bellrose Red. I used a local place called Unit F14. I actually had FenFab buy some of it also so they can color match whatever parts they do for me to what I had done locally.

OP
patricklb1
Reactions
Thread Starter #51
Looks great! I wish the housing came black! How hard was taking apart the light and resealing
I didn't do the headlights myself, I had Bullseye Custom Autos do them, it's what they do. He posted in here under MrBoom5_0 if you want to contact him or go to his website for BCA.

OP
patricklb1
Reactions
Thread Starter #52
Thank you again, it turned out killer!
I think so too, it's too bad the glare of the lens doesn't allow you to see it more clearly but they do look damn good, thank you.

Travis

Reactions
I don't actually know the brand, but the color is Bellrose Red. I used a local place called Unit F14. I actually had FenFab buy some of it also so they can color match whatever parts they do for me to what I had done locally.
Thanks for the response. The best I have come up with is Prismatic Powders PMB10554 - Ruby Vroom. It is very close.

OP
patricklb1
Reactions
Thread Starter #55
Thanks for the response. The best I have come up with is Prismatic Powders PMB10554 - Ruby Vroom. It is very close.
I think mine is Prismatic Powders too, PSS-2266. I just noticed you're in Shakopee, I grew up in Edina and moved to Dallas in 2000.

Travis

Reactions
I think mine is Prismatic Powders too, PSS-2266. I just noticed you're in Shakopee, I grew up in Edina and moved to Dallas in 2000.
Cake eatter! lol

I can't speak too much, I grew up in Eden Prairie in the 80s and 90s.

OP
patricklb1
Reactions
Thread Starter #57
Cake eatter! lol

I can't speak too much, I grew up in Eden Prairie in the 80s and 90s.
I graduated from HS in '75. The Bloomington guys at VoTech always called me a cake eater too, until they realized I drove a van and they could hitch a ride back to school and smoke funny things on the way :)

OP
patricklb1
Reactions
Thread Starter #58
I couldn't resist getting these matching tumblers for the black and red ST. It's a great organization doing really good work and the tumblers will come in handy with all the Diet Coke I drink.

Attachments

OP
patricklb1
Reactions
Thread Starter #59
I haven't posted in a long time so here's an updated exterior shot with the new wheels and tires. FenFab Hot Side Charge Pipe coming next week so new engine bay pics will be coming soon.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thank you. The red stitching cost me whatever a box of 12 red Sharpies cost, lol and a few hours of patience. It's a very tedious process but the look is worth it, I think. You'll also want to get some acetone or finger nail polish because you're going to end up getting some red on the leather and pleather. It wipes right off without disturbing the stitching color. I've found the drivers seat needs some touch up every couple of months just from wiping across it getting in and out.
OMG !!! Where do u guys that the the patients to do shit like that ???? It looks awesome .. matter of facts I want it too. But there is NOway I could sit there and do that!!!! My max prob 8 or 9 stitches and then ot will get alot less accurate, and on and on. By the end it would be one solid red line !!!!! I want to so the ST on the seats . And even that is a stretch to be able to color each stich red! Keep up the good work!!!