Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

The Explorer ST Engine Build Begins!

Reactions
Well here you have it! The first sets of production connecting rods have made it to ZFGR. I'm not going to lie to you guys, these have been a thorn in my side for years! We started the "built engine" project in 2021, and fit the first 3d printed prototype connecting rod in September of 2021. However, due to covid and the company moving it's production facility they were not able to deliver on their design. After being strung along by 2 more companies we landed at Saenz Preperformance. There were able to design and produce a connecting rod for us in a little over 6 months and have been great to work with. Early next week these bad boys are off to machine shop with our custom spec Wiseco piston. At ZFGR we have put a lot of time, effort and money into continuing to develop this planform, and we will continue to have projects in the works as the platform progresses!

Attachments

JTwizzST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Are you able to discuss the piston specs or were they custom made for your build?

Eager to see how this turns out!!!!

WFO-TSi

Reactions
Vehicle
Not Yet
@ZFGracing you posted the below picture back in October 2021. Has a go-to vender been identified for head porting since then?

Also, I've been rocking a E50 and 93P ZFG tune (depending on where I'm driving) since month 1 of ownership. Thanks for everything you do for this platform!

5f3688aebd79314b7a448cb3221df5db.jpg

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
@ZFGracing you posted the below picture back in October 2021. Has a go-to vender been identified for head porting since then?

Also, I've been rocking a E50 and 93P ZFG tune (depending on where I'm driving) since month 1 of ownership. Thanks for everything you do for this platform!

View attachment 22276

I don't want to do any head porting yet. I think the porting that has been done in the past has been in effective/hurt the performance. I am looking into what can be done on the exhaust manifold side though, I have a pretty good plane there.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Sick!!! Internals - yes please!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
If y’all need another Guinea pig for internal testing - send some my way!!! Lol!

Explorer ST Posts