Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sync 4

GCP0918

Reactions
I read somewhere that Sync 4 is being released. Does anyone have info on what the upgrade will include and when/how ST owners can get it?

Reactions
Dealers can normally do a firmware upgrade for you. On my previous Fords, I would ask them to do it when I get an oil change. They don't normally charge for the update but ask first anyways.

merco

Reactions
I was able to update my previous Explorer Sport from Sync 2 to 3 via a download to a USB drive. So hopefully we'll get this much-needed update.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I don’t think we can upgrade to Sync 4. I called Ford and they said it won’t happen. Totally new system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'd give up the notion of a Sync 4 update. The question is, can Ford update the existing Sync 3 to make better use of the 10.1 portrait screen. Android auto and Carplay both have dynamic scaling capabilities but Ford is not implementing them. It would be nice if you could customize font size and screen layout. Right now the screen layout is a joke--so much wasted space! The font sizes are like you've turned on an accessibility option for people with poor eyesight. The useful portion of the screen takes up only 1/3 of the screen.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I don’t think we can upgrade to Sync 4. I called Ford and they said it won’t happen. Totally new system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any word on this coming to future versions of the Explorer ST?

KegsBdry

Reactions
If you chat (ask) with Ford, they say this: "No it will not. This vehicle is equipped with SYNC 3 and cannot be upgraded to SYNC 4, however we will continue to update the software for this system you have in this vehicle."