Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sync 3 update

Reactions
Seems like I just did this a couple of months ago, but noticed I had another sync 3 update. Anyone else?
1671576293113.png

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm pn version 3.4.22200 . That's the newest as far as I know.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
There were a couple of BETA versions available after the 22200 but that is the latest offered by Ford at this point.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I’m on 22200 also. But it wants to download something monstrous. Is that a map update?
37197EFA-8BA9-4D90-8A93-6D85AEF91513.jpeg

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
What map version are you on?

F=MA

Reactions
I'm waiting until it gets really good, i.e., I don't want to introduce any issue into an otherwise perfect vehicle.:sneaky:

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I updated the Sync and the Map Via USB a month ago and have uploaded the completion file it says to send probably 15 times and my Ford Owner account still says my 2022 needs both updates. I have also confirmed that I am on the newest versions of both. I have considered trying to do the updates via USB again and see what happens. I kind of think its just Ford not having the crap together. They sent me an email two days ago for the software update and map update again and then yesterday they sent me an email telling me they were ready to install my rear A/C controls but my ST had them installed at the factory.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
The upload to show you updated sync and map does not work. I did both a few weeks ago and could never get their system to show I had done that. I also tried multiple times.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I just updated mine today. Downloaded it onto my usb and updated the car just fine. The update file updated the Ford web site as well. Maybe the Ford site was also updated because it worked flawlessly. v3.4 build 22200.

kair350

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Same updated via USB 2 weeks ago ford.com still reflects I need the update. Updated SYNC and NAV.

Last edited:

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I just updated mine today. Downloaded it onto my usb and updated the car just fine. The update file updated the Ford web site as well. Maybe the Ford site was also updated because it worked flawlessly. v3.4 build 22200.
Interesting.. I tried to upload my update file again today and it still says I need the update tonight. I am really considering trying to juet do the update again Via USB. The screen says i am on the most current Version though so it may not let it attempt it again.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
When the vehicle update is completed via usb, it puts a file onto the usb that must be uploaded to the Ford update web site. When the web site accepts the completed file your vehicle will show updated on the site. This info may be redundant to everyone, but it must be done to complete the update.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
When the vehicle update is completed via usb, it puts a file onto the usb that must be uploaded to the Ford update web site. When the web site accepts the completed file your vehicle will show updated on the site. This info may be redundant to everyone, but it must be done to complete the update.
Yeah, I’ve probably uploaded that file 20 times to no avail.

Reactions
I did the v3.4 build 22200. Update via thumb drive this week and it worked seamlessly.

I wish Ford would list what the improvements are? so far I see no difference.

I also ordered the Navigation update From Ford. Will install that once it arrives.

Explorer ST Posts