Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sync 3 software update downloading

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
My sync version is back a few updates. It won't update in the car so I was gonna try downloading the newest update to a thumb drive and then put that in the car and try to update it from there ... But I'm not sure I want to update!!! I have a 2022 and so far I have not had QNY problems with the reverse screen or any other probs with my sync 3 . So I am almost worried I might open a can of worms by updating it . All the issues of ppl with a 22 I have never had. So what would you do ?? Update it or just try to leave it alone because I have zero probs !!!! I swear that will prob change now that I said that out loud ! Lol
I would update it to the newest version which is 23188. This one is pretty solid and has solved a lot of issues the prior one caused.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I would update it to the newest version which is 23188. This one is pretty solid and has solved a lot of issues the prior one caused.
Do you or any one else know what the update fixed or changed.Dale 5403 I haven't had one issue yet ! Knock on Wood !!! Andbthe updates usually fix stuff. But im a computer idiot ! So I guess I put a thumb drive into the desktop and just go to ford and when I find it I just download it to the thumb drive , then plug into car and it starts everything by itself? And it will say when its done ?? Like I dont have to open and files or anything??

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Do you or any one else know what the update fixed or changed.Dale 5403 I haven't had one issue yet ! Knock on Wood !!! Andbthe updates usually fix stuff. But im a computer idiot ! So I guess I put a thumb drive into the desktop and just go to ford and when I find it I just download it to the thumb drive , then plug into car and it starts everything by itself? And it will say when its done ?? Like I dont have to open and files or anything??
You want to download the file to your computer. Then you unzip ir and copy those files to the flash drive. Then your ready to plug the flash drive into your Explorer. It will let you know when it's complete. Ford has complete drirections on the web which is very helpful.

getom59

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have a 2022 ST that did not have any issues but I went ahead and did the update tp 23188 by downloading the files to a USB and doing it that way back in mid-December 2022. The whole process was a pain to say the least. The last step in the process was to upload to Ford an .xml file that was put back on the USB during the update process. This .xml upload to Ford failed so I called 800-392-3673 for support and was told there was a known system issue and to call back next month.

I learned in today's call a month later that there is in fact a system issue with the .xml upload and that it is not going to be resolved. The Ford representative also stated that 23188 is the last or one of the last updates to be made available for Sync 3. The representative also said that if other updates become available they will be served to the vehicle even though the Software Update Checklist from my vehicle dashboard at ford.com says that software updates is disabled. I wonder what the real deal is concerning software updates for my vehicle?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I have a 2022 ST that did not have any issues but I went ahead and did the update tp 23188 by downloading the files to a USB and doing it that way back in mid-December 2022. The whole process was a pain to say the least. The last step in the process was to upload to Ford an .xml file that was put back on the USB during the update process. This .xml upload to Ford failed so I called 800-392-3673 for support and was told there was a known system issue and to call back next month.

I learned in today's call a month later that there is in fact a system issue with the .xml upload and that it is not going to be resolved. The Ford representative also stated that 23188 is the last or one of the last updates to be made available for Sync 3. The representative also said that if other updates become available they will be served to the vehicle even though the Software Update Checklist from my vehicle dashboard at ford.com says that software updates is disabled. I wonder what the real deal is concerning software updates for my vehicle?
You did the update early is the issue. 23188 was released in Sept 2023

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #47
If you are computer illiterate, ask Ford to update your Sync 3 to the revision # you want on your next oil change. But call ahead for their service manager to ensure the "tech guy" shows up that day!