Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sync 21098 Available OTA

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just found out that the new OTA download should be 21098. Hope it solves the issues that 21020 created.

Reactions
Just found out that the new OTA download should be 21098. Hope it solves the issues that 21020 created.
I've been running 21098 (installed via cyanlabs) for over a month and it doesn't fix the issues. I really hope this wasn't the fix Ford was promising.

Reactions
How long do these updates take? Just came out to the car and started it up, checked for updates, it found one…been sitting here 20 mins in garage and it’s barely made any progress. We have very fast internet too. 1B61B657-A9FC-4ADA-A3E7-A2538DD7C9E2.jpeg

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I've been running 21098 (installed via cyanlabs) for over a month and it doesn't fix the issues. I really hope this wasn't the fix Ford was promising.
21098 came out on cyanlabs really quickly after 21020. It was thought maybe the TravelLink issues were fixed but 21098 really came out after people were taking the cars to dealers, so the chances of fixing things were slim. Now that they've pushed out 21098 OTA, makes me think it does fix something. I don't even use TL but looking at the TSB, I do have many of the issues they list, especially connecting carplay and having the carplay screen blank. Am running 20351 with no issues. Supposedly that the last version where TL worked although some use 20282.

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Well, I've been complaining a lot on social media and tried some emails direct to "senior management" concerning this mess and the loss of TravelLink (TL). Had a nice phone call today with a lady in the head office who understood our frustration with the TL issue non-resolution. Said she'd ensure that it was looked into.

However, I just received an email from Ford and here's what it says:

"Good afternoon Mr. St John,

Thank you for contacting the In-Vehicle Technology Team of Ford Motor Company. We do apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with our Ford Product.

The Sirius XM issue you are experiencing is a known issue that should be resolved with a future SYNC update that we expect to be released by the end of summer. Please visit your local dealership for diagnosis and repair.

Sincerely,

Marie

IVT Research Escalations
Ford Motor Company"

End of summer? I'm a retired USAF officer and now run my own IT company. It's a good thing I do not run this division at Ford ... because that timeline is amazingly long and I'd be kicking butts and taking names right now!!

But, at least we have a time line!!

Ken

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Have played with both the Travel Link and the phone ECHO issue the past two days. Haven't had a single glitch. Am I convinced these issues are gone? Well no, but can't whine until I see it.

Reactions
I'm sure they'll be back in another patch or two... :rolleyes: Ya'll know how this goes....

*Knocks on wood*

Explorer ST Posts