Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SwagSolo’s Star White Build

OP
SwagSolo
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
Got the redline struts fitted. Might be my favorite mod so far. Function AF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SwagSolo
Reactions
Thread Starter #23
Redline struts in action

OP
SwagSolo
Reactions
Thread Starter #24
UPR Catch Can & Drain Line

Did this over a couple of days. Started by breaking/replacing the orange connector on the clean side. Ordered the 90 degree connector with free shipping from eBay. Was drop shipped from UPR directly. Followed @F=MA’s lead and sliced the inner plastic pipe with a razor blade to remove the old fitting. Heat wasn’t getting it done. Popped in replacement and used a small hose clamp to secure. Outer foam tubing covers 90% of clamp.

2025-40 to replace orange fitting

Ordered from https://www.ebay.com/itm/264640753743

Attached can with drain line attached to work out optimal routing

Cut hose to correct length and drilled a 14mm hole in bottom plastic cover to accommodate threaded male end of drain valve.

Male thread is 1/4 inch NPT. Wasn’t able to find anything that fit well at local hardware stores. Took a shot in the dark on Amazon and orders a pair of these that work perfectly

DERNORD Cast Pipe Fitting Stainless Steel 304 Hex Locknut NPT Female (1/4 Inch) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WWQBKR...abc_J91N2FFP75F0G6A41C4X?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Threaded by hand with blue Loctite then a half turn with a wrench

Finished product

Like how drain line came together. Clean. Slight regret I didn’t spray nut black first. Might dip it.

Reactions
LED license plate upgrade

Ordered these. Plug and play solution. No resistors of Forscan necessary. Light is also oriented correctly as opposed to when changing bulbs in existing housings.

These are the ones I ordered.

Everbuilt LED License Plate Light Compatible For Ford Explorer Fiesta Fusion Escape MKZ Bright White LED 2011 to 2018 Ford Explorer/Fiesta 2013 to 2018 Ford Fusion/Escape 2015-2018 Lincoln MKC https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QDFFLN...abc_Q78KNKT2VCW3DRG4MD3Z?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Also had every intent of changing our turn signals and reverse lights but then this happened . Have to get around to drilling out. Already tried to slot with dremel wheel but no dice. Feel free to recommend extraction bits you’ve used in the past

So is pic #1 the Everbuilt lights, pic #2 is a stock bulb and LED replacemnt bulb, and pic #3 is LED replacement bulbs?

OP
SwagSolo
Reactions
Thread Starter #26
So is pic #1 the Everbuilt lights, pic #2 is a stock bulb and LED replacemnt bulb, and pic #3 is LED replacement bulbs?
Pic 1 is stock. Pic 2 is one everbuilt, 1 stock for comparison and pic 3 is both everbuilt.

5 minute install. Big impact IMO

Reactions
Pic 1 is stock. Pic 2 is one everbuilt, 1 stock for comparison and pic 3 is both everbuilt.

5 minute install. Big impact IMO

Thanks, the stock looks so much whiter in pic #1 than pic #2, so I was a little thrown off.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST

Where did your find the Ford Performance and ST decal you have your cross brace and air box?

OP
SwagSolo
Reactions
Thread Starter #29
Where did your find the Ford Performance and ST decal you have your cross brace and air box?
Got the Ford Performance one from SupDec. 2 for $23 I think after shipping. Took about a week. Comes from Ukraine.

https://supdec.com/catalog?product_id=8332

Got the ST decals cut locally. Purchased the SVG file from Etsy for $1.82 from a vendor named YachtGraphiX

OHST

Reactions
Love the build progress, my fingers were tired after hitting all the like buttons lol

OP
SwagSolo
Reactions
Thread Starter #31
Thanks!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thanks for the info SwagSolo

Reactions

I bought the MTR hood struts and am regretting it. They work fine but I went solely on the "only drill free" line. What they don't tell you is you have to butcher the plastic molding under the hood to get them installed. A couple of drill holes would have been nothing compared to what the MTR require. Should have searched for the installation instructions FIRST, lesson learned.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I looked at the MTR's too but only for a few minutes. I watched the install on these up front and decided for the same things you mentioned that the holes were the least invasive of the two setups. I like the RedLine's. That said, I liked being able to drop the hood from a few inches and have it close by itself. Not possible with the RedLine's, you have to develop a feel to close it.

OP
SwagSolo
Reactions
Thread Starter #35
Been dormant for awhile with work getting back to normal but wanted to share the latest mod. Newest “stiffy diffy” (Don’t sue me, need a name for this monster) on the market. Worked with the AWESOME peeps over at AWR Racing in SoCal in helping come up with a super beefy and dare I say dope looking differential stiffening mount for the #OneBoltGang. Had a weird clicking noise that I’d hear when putting the vehicle in R from P or D from R and that’s no longer there. Launches feel a hair crisper and the slightly rough shifts I was experiencing at low speed with ZFG 91 tune in sport mode are now a thing of the past. Guessing the diff was jumping around considerably. The product is super well made and I’d highly recommend for those looking to shore up this platform weak spot. Plus it looks sexy
under there in red . Install is super easy, no drilling required. Big shoutout to Ron Miller from Whoosh Motorsports for connecting me with AWR, appreciate you man! Order thru Ron for an exclusive introductory discount. $30 cheaper than buying direct for a limited time. Link below.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...s/awr-racing-rear-diff-mount-2020-explorer-st

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer Platinum
Will this fit my 2021 platinum awd 3.0l v6?
I have the towing pkg for my trailer, hoping to ensure no failures on a trip

Last edited:
OP
SwagSolo
Reactions
Thread Starter #37
Will this fit my 2021 platinum awd 3.0l v6?
I have the towing pkg for my trailer, hoping to ensure no failures on a trip
Don't see why it wouldn't