Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SuperForged Big Brake Kit Review

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Finally got the big brake kit from SuperForged Wheels installed and put through it's paces after a month of waiting for shop time to open up.

Before I go into the review of the product, I want to take a minute to give a huge shout out to Bruce Criscuolo who has gone so far above and beyond with his customer service he's earned a lifelong customer in me. I had an issue with fitment in the rears, which my shop overcame quickly and easily, but I reached out to Bruce to let him know as he asked me for feedback after my install on an earlier thread. He was instantly in communication with me, got info from me to follow up on his end about, and was unbelievably generous in making the small situation right. I can tell how much pride he takes in his company, and how serious he is about providing a product of the highest quality and standards.

Now onto the kit itself - they are AWESOME! I have a track day mustang with all the performance pack goodies and fancy brembo 6 piston setup, and those things will go all day without fading and I can honestly say my 1,000 lb heavier SUV now brakes with similar performance and longevity. Bringing this big pig down from 130+ mph on the stock brakes was a sketchy affair, and after that you didn't trust the brakes for a good 3-5 minutes while they cooled down. Well now I can jam on them at any speed and they slow down quickly, without drama, and I can do it over and over again.

I took the car out today to my favorite set of twisty back roads, a good 25 mile circuit with a ton of hard braking sections, and the car performed as well as my mustang in the braking department. No fade, pulled big time deceleration G's. It'll rip your head forward if you stand on the brake pedal.

No squeaks, minimal dust, and tons of confidence. For less than the cost of just the fronts of the other big brake kits out there for our cars, you can get the whole superforged kit with all 4 corners, braided brake lines, and finally get the whoa pedal to match the go pedal in these STs. I can't recommend this kit highly enough. I'm so very glad I did the upgrade. Most of us have 11 second 4,800 lb SUVs, the stock brakes are no match for that, and the powerstop stuff is cute, but you're not going to significantly improve our stock system with just some new pads and different rotor material.

Plus I love supporting people like Bruce, Adam, and Brett, who put in the work to bring us the performance parts that nobody else takes the time and effort to develop.

If you've got any questions, fire away. But do yourself a favor and buy this kit.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Very nice writeup. Are you on stock wheels? If so post some pics!

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks for the review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Agreed to all of the above!

I've got over 25k miles on my set now. Been running HAWK 5.0s since day one (it gets driven hard at ALOT of events) and just swapped in my second set of pads in the front. rear wear looks really good. really really happy with them as well. and ditto to everything said about Bruce.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Very nice write up! Can you share the link to the set that you purchased?

OP
S
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Reactions
How did you end up routing the front brake lines for the install? Just curious if you can snap a pic of the front brake line (through the wheels is fine) so I can get an idea of what I need to chop off the stock brake line bracket on the hub.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
How did you end up routing the front brake lines for the install? Just curious if you can snap a pic of the front brake line (through the wheels is fine) so I can get an idea of what I need to chop off the stock brake line bracket on the hub.
Here’s mine.

I threw a zip tie on the inner brake line bushing. One popped out of the holder last time I rotated tires.

Reactions
Here’s mine.

I threw a zip tie on the inner brake line bushing. One popped out of the holder last time I rotated tires.

Thanks