Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SuperForged Big brake kit question for anyone who knows..

ggg2023TX

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Good evening, new user here.. I searched a lot of threads before I posted this FYI, so if I missed someone's thread earlier I apologize.. I have a 2020 and currently have a set of 22" Velgen VF5 wheels on it and was considering getting the Superforged BBK for it and would prefer getting the system with the integrated parking brake as I don't care for the looks of that extra caliper. Does anyone have that same combo and know they will fit without a spacer? I called Velgen and they "think" someone has done it and I messaged SF and no one has responded yet.. If anyone can confirm that the integrated version works with those wheels I'd appreciate it! Thanks..

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I have the VF9’s with the integrated. Lots of room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
@ggg2023TX
Welcome to the forum. Are you certain you want your home address posted here?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I can get two fingers between the rear caliper and a spoke

Sorry, lousy day

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

Sorry, lousy day

These are awesome. Much appreciated. I have 22” velgens as well and this helps.

OP
G

ggg2023TX

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Thanks to all of you guys for the info! I'll call Velgen and see if the VF9 is close enough to the VF5 on the inside.. And I didn't see my address on there earlier, thanks for letting me know.. I'll send some pics shortly..

OP
G

ggg2023TX

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9

Sorry, lousy day

I called Velgen and they said the VF5 and the VF9 have the same spacing in back so I think I'm good.. I assume you like those brakes? For the money they can't be beat.. Thanks again!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
The spoke profiles are largely the same. You won’t have any clearance issues with any BBK on the market.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I called Velgen and they said the VF5 and the VF9 have the same spacing in back so I think I'm good.. I assume you like those brakes? For the money they can't be beat.. Thanks again!
So far I really like the improvement in performance. I like them even better value wise compared to some of the other options out there. Quality product prepped for super easy install imo!

OP
G

ggg2023TX

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
So far I really like the improvement in performance. I like them even better value wise compared to some of the other options out there. Quality product prepped for super easy install imo!

Thanks and that's good to know.. I will probably pull the trigger on it soon.. Thanks again for your help!

OP
G

ggg2023TX

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
Any pics of your set up
Yes, even though its a dirty mess.. Here it is..

Attachments

OP
G

ggg2023TX

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #15
I looked it up on Google Earth…nice place! Don’t worry, you’re too far for me to consider a home invasion. :ROFLMAO:
Hahahaha! We're all armed here anyway:)

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Good evening, new user here.. I searched a lot of threads before I posted this FYI, so if I missed someone's thread earlier I apologize.. I have a 2020 and currently have a set of 22" Velgen VF5 wheels on it and was considering getting the Superforged BBK for it and would prefer getting the system with the integrated parking brake as I don't care for the looks of that extra caliper. Does anyone have that same combo and know they will fit without a spacer? I called Velgen and they "think" someone has done it and I messaged SF and no one has responded yet.. If anyone can confirm that the integrated version works with those wheels I'd appreciate it! Thanks..
Congrats and welcome to the forum.