Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sudden Surge at low speed

MrBippins

Reactions
Hello, completely new here. I ordered a 2021 Explorer ST back in August. After an almost 4 month wait, my '22 arrived last week. Picked it up on Tuesday. Had a really good few days - until yesterday.
V6 / 300
AWD

While making a legal u-turn, prior to shifting the transmission into reverse, all of a sudden the engine revved and I wound up wedged against a grounding cable for a utility pole. No injuries thank goodness. The cable took out my driver side view mirror, a bit of other cosmetic damage, but compared to what it could have been - not bad. My wife was in the care with me and recounted exactly my experience.

I recalled at some point over this past weekend a similar experience. I thought I may have accidentally touched the accelerator. With this second incident, I'm not so sure.
The car was going back on Monday anyway for some sunroof and other minor issues anyway. But now I'm concerned of a possible more significant issue.

IMG_1051.jpeg

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
That's a first for me to read about.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Damn that’s strange.

curious, what sunroof issue are you having?

OP
M

MrBippins

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Damn that’s strange.

curious, what sunroof issue are you having?
St8 - noise from the inside when retracting - sounds like something is misaligned or off track or something - just not right. Not something I was likely to notice, but with some warm weather in the Northeast last week - I was glad I tried it.