Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Stock platinum tune to ST tune

apboyko

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer Platinum
Hey y'all. I have a platinum explorer that I absolutely love. The only thing is wanna know is if there is a way that I can reflash or retune the ECU to the stock ST tune. As far as I know, all the hardware is identical in both cars but the Platinum is downtuned 35hp. So I'm interested in seeing if I can get the stock ST "tune" on my platinum. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. Let me know.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Hey y'all. I have a platinum explorer that I absolutely love. The only thing is wanna know is if there is a way that I can reflash or retune the ECU to the stock ST tune. As far as I know, all the hardware is identical in both cars but the Platinum is downtuned 35hp. So I'm interested in seeing if I can get the stock ST "tune" on my platinum. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. Let me know.
There is no way you could. Why not just get a custom tune from ZFG? Also, Platinum has a different final drive ratio which takes a toll on speed.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Ford Performance Tune is there for the taking

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions
Im curious, has anyone actually dyno tested the Platinum or actually seen the stock tune to be different vs the ST?

Just seems a lil fishy on Ford's part to make two totally different tunes only for it to revert to the same tune in 2022 for all three trims.

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
No.