Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steering Wheel Carbon Trim Cover

Blackssr

Reactions
How close is the pattern to your CarbonTastic wheel pattern? Does it clash with the stock dash piece?
And my wife tells me that I am OCD?
Never even thought about clashing with the other patterns in the vehicle.

OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #22
you have no idea.... :ROFLMAO: its a curse.

OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #24
Thanks!

Blackssr

Reactions
Mine arrived today and I was pleasantly surprised. Not bad at all for 20 bucks..

Attachments

Blackssr

Reactions
How close is the pattern to your CarbonTastic wheel pattern? Does it clash with the stock dash piece?
I saw this and thought of your concern...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Ford-E...-/203102604311?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fib...hDQ7VsyjrHYvXb9e%2F0|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675

Apparently it was enough of a concern that they manufactured a piece to cover the factory OE pattern with identical patterns of the add-on pieces that are for sale all over eBay.

Last edited:

Blackssr

Reactions
Mine arrived today and I was pleasantly surprised. Not bad at all for 20 bucks..
I was so happy with the steering wheel I had the vendor make this package up for me. I picked the pieces I felt would look best. I ordered a few days ago it already left China heading towards the US. I offered $ 100 and he accepted.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fib...-/274692690275?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Update: the product finally landed stateside so I should see them in about a week hopefully. Boy oh boy the Chinamen are slow in getting products stateside. Patience is the key when ordering this type of product from Asia.

Last edited:
OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #30
This thread is not helping my problem with impulsivity. I really like your package choice. I may just have to do this.

Blackssr

Reactions
This thread is not helping my problem with impulsivity. I really like your package choice. I may just have to do this.
This is the cheapest freaking hobby I have....lol

Blackssr

Reactions
Do not forget to order the pieces that will hide the existing dash trim that you were concerned about.. it's only another $79 to feed our OCD and compulsory purchases.

Blackssr

Reactions
I would just like to go on record and point out you started the thread and then once I thought about it I had to purchase and now I can't stop...lol

Blackssr

Reactions
I was so happy with the steering wheel I had the vendor make this package up for me. I picked the pieces I felt would look best. I ordered a few days ago it already left China heading towards the US. I offered $ 100 and he accepted.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fib...-/274692690275?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Update: the product finally landed stateside so I should see them in about a week hopefully. Boy oh boy the Chinamen are slow in getting products stateside. Patience is the key when ordering this type of product from Asia.
Update as of March 16, 2021
My remaining pieces have finally arrived. Very well packaged with a wood framed box to protect items on their 8204 mile mile journey from China to Boca Raton Florida. Impressed so far.

Attachments

OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #35
Our stuff must have been on the same boat, lol. But it came through the Port of Baltimore cuz I got it on Friday.. ;-)

I have some special ideas for my kit though. Its gonna be rad and different.

Blackssr

Reactions
Love them!
Very nice fit and the look is better than I expected.
I had to files the center AC vent pieces about 1/4" on the bottom edge to get to fit tight. The actual fit could have been better. Maybe my "Chinaman" had his tea spiked with rum on the Friday he made those pieces. LOL. Every other piece is dead on. The Center console is perfect. All in all worth the $100 ? I paid.

Next Item on the list...
For Ford Explorer 2020-21 Carbon Fiber Look Center Console Trim Strip Cover 3pcs | eBay

Attachments

Last edited:

Blackssr

Reactions
Our stuff must have been on the same boat, lol. But it came through the Port of Baltimore cuz I got it on Friday.. ;-)

I have some special ideas for my kit though. Its gonna be rad and different.
I do not know about yours, but my sh*t was on the slow boat from china. LOL! I could have walked there, got it and returned home in less time. My "guy" definitely sent the cheapest slowest way possible.

Last edited:
OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #38
Very nice fit and the look is better than I expected.
Right? The fit on these pieces is shockingly good!

Blackssr

Reactions
Right? The fit on these pieces is shockingly good!
yup except the center AC vents . I had to trim 1/4" inch off the bottom ( no issue there) to get to fit and they are a bit shy at the top where they meet the touch panel. Look at the photos. Please check yours for me. 20210316_181640.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #40
I didn’t get the A/C vent pieces.

they should have made it all one piece that wrapped around behind the screen