Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steering Wheel Carbon Trim Cover

Blackssr

Reactions
I didn’t get the A/C vent pieces.

they should have made it all one piece that wrapped around behind the screen
What pieces did you get?

OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #42
You shall see when I post the finished result!

Blackssr

Reactions
The remaining pieces came from China to complete the interior upgrade to imitation carbon fiber trim. I'm still amazed with the precision fit for the little cost that they charge. I was even impressed by the shipping time it only took eight working days to get here from China. The pieces were shipped in a wood frame to prevent damage in transit.
Here is the item I purchased as well as the vendor. I've purchased several items from him and he seems to be very honest, conscientious and ships very quickly.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Acc...-/284083809587?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #45
elio*1988 is the same outfit i used for all my pieces. agree 100% with your review.

Blackssr

Reactions
elio*1988 is the same outfit i used for all my pieces. agree 100% with your review.
There seems to be no less than 3 venders selling the same product. elio*1988 seems to be the most aggressive in his pricing. He is undercutting the other sellers by as much as 25% on what appears to be the same product. For what I can see there is no difference in the products as all the venders use the same ad copy to promote the same product. He just works on a smaller profit margin. His service seems to set him apart also. Let's hope he sticks around for a while and other forum members support him. He also sells a lot of carbon fiber bits for the Challenger and Hellcat I may look to see what he has.

Last edited:

Blackssr

Reactions
The final bits of the carbon fiber trim pieces arrived. I have literally installed all the pieces that I felt I would like. These took about 14 days to arrive.
Carbon Fiber Co-pilot Storage Glove Box Handle Trim for Ford Explorer 2020-2021 | eBay
Carbon Fiber Accessories Rear Fog Light Lamp Cover Trim for Ford Explorer 20-21 | eBay

About $ 30.00 or so. The fit is dead on. 5 minute install.
As with the other bits I have purchased I am so impressed with the fit. Still amazed how they can offer these so cheap. Not at all complaining, just stating the obvious.
I can not get a good shot on the total look of the interior. This photo may or not sway anyone on the fence.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
I got the full instrument cluster version. Had to trim the center vents as well, as they stick out too far. Also have the weird little gap around the center screen. That is due to the fact the Explorer sold in Europe has a wider and longer nav screen with no lower buttons for climate.

It all fits pretty flush to the dash, so it doesn't appear to look like it is just stuck on.

Attachments

OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #51
I got the full instrument cluster version. Had to trim the center vents as well, as they stick out too far. Also have the weird little gap around the center screen. That is due to the fact the Explorer sold in Europe has a wider and longer nav screen with no lower buttons for climate.

It all fits pretty flush to the dash, so it doesn't appear to look like it is just stuck on.
I dig the red pinstripe. How did you do that?