Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steeda Sway Bar Hitting Spring

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I don’t know why they need all this help. The fix is simple...spread the arms 1/2” and instead of welding on lock rings send out bolt on lock collars with the bars. Add $10-15 bucks to the price to cover the cost of the new lock collars and be done with it.

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
I don’t know why they need all this help. The fix is simple...spread the arms 1/2” and instead of welding on lock rings send out bolt on lock collars with the bars. Add $10-15 bucks to the price to cover the cost of the new lock collars and be done with it.
I don’t either. I just hate paying for something that doesn’t work properly not to mention my time and effort. You would think they would figure this out on their end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kryuenger

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I thought I was the only one. I ended up cutting off about a half inch on both ends.

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #24
I thought I was the only one. I ended up cutting off about a half inch on both ends.
I decided not to cut mine. I’ll wait to see what Steeda says. Just took it for a drive without the stock one on and you can tell the difference. Unfortunately, all the mods I’ve done, except for the ZFG Racing Tune, has had issues. First the Steeda and now the Borla throwing fibers everywhere. I may just put the stock exhaust back on too.

Kryuenger

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I decided not to cut mine. I’ll wait to see what Steeda says. Just took it for a drive without the stock one on and you can tell the difference. Unfortunately, all the mods I’ve done, except for the ZFG Racing Tune, has had issues. First the Steeda and now the Borla throwing fibers everywhere. I may just put the stock exhaust back on too.

Interesting... I was wondering where all the fibers were coming from. Have you reached out to Borla?

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #26
Interesting... I was wondering where all the fibers were coming from. Have you reached out to Borla?
Yes they asked for pics and receipt. I provided it and waiting for a response now. I went through Summit racing.

Reactions

Did Steeda ever get back to you with a solution?

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #28
Did Steeda ever get back to you with a solution?
They said there was nothing wrong and gave me a refund. A little odd in my opinion. I think the issue is the stick springs. Maybe they are wider and they only installed the sway bar with the Steeda springs as well. I showed them a pic of the stock sway bar along side the Steeda one and it was quite a bit of a difference in length. The stock was wider.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
They said there was nothing wrong and gave me a refund. A little odd in my opinion. I think the issue is the stick springs. Maybe they are wider and they only installed the sway bar with the Steeda springs as well. I showed them a pic of the stock sway bar along side the Steeda one and it was quite a bit of a difference in length. The stock was wider.

So you didn't need to return it? If so, I'd call that a win and just cut the bar ends to leave one hole. I'm shocked they don't appear to have modified the design as it is problematic with stock and also maybe H&R springs.

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #30
So you didn't need to return it? If so, I'd call that a win and just cut the bar ends to leave one hole. I'm shocked they don't appear to have modified the design as it is problematic with stock and also maybe H&R springs.
They didn’t make me return it since the shipping from Germany would be too expensive. I’ll mess with it later but had it off three or four times making sure I wasn’t going crazy. Same result each time.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Cut it and run it then. lol
Nobody is using the end hole anyway.