Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steeda Rear Sway Bar

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
It’s a swaybar…bang it right and let it rip.
I installed it like three months ago and haven’t had any known problems, just with the ole hand ugga dugga, but I’m prone to worrying

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
It’s a swaybar…bang it tight and let it rip.
I started working on cars (Water pump for Grandpa's Electra 225) when I was 12, first thing my Father showed me was a beam torque wrench and a 4 inch thick Chilton service manual.

Attachments

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I started working on cars (Water pump for Grandpa's Electra 225) when I was 12, first thing my Father showed me was a beam torque wrench and a 4 inch thick Chilton service manual.
Cool….i have several myself. But it’s still just a swaybar. Some things are worthy of torquing…some things just need to be tight.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Cool….i have several myself. But it’s still just a swaybar. Some things are worthy of torquing…some things just need to be tight.
To each his own, and as stated in post #21, it just depends on your comfort level.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I’ve been using the Goodntight method for most of my life. Once I owned a precision tool and fastening company I started using torque wrenches more often.

We actually had a contest among employees one summer. Setup targets from 10inlb to 150ftlbs and had everybody hand tighten as close as they could to each target by feel alone. Some of us were pretty darn close, some not even in the ballpark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk