Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steeda Front Sway Bar

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I'm a fan of your products...however, based on your grammar, sentence structure, and that "review", you should probably let someone else in the company communicate to those in the enthusiast community. Stick to twitter.
damn that was harsh! Lol.

Reactions
Extremely harsh. This is an informal platform.
TJ, thanks for the data.
Haha - thanks. I will admit, it was very poorly written but still had it open to do a final review before I got sidetracked.

Lesson learned to keep it in draft form, lol.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Haha - thanks. I will admit, it was very poorly written but still had it open to do a final review before I got sidetracked.

Lesson learned to keep it in draft form, lol.
I hold a representative for a major company to a higher standard than a new member asking about the best floor mats. That being said, y'all are right, my comment was too harsh. For that I apologize.

OP
SimonsGTS
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Thread Starter #26
Hi https://www.explorerst.org/members/tj-steeda.1037/ , first thank for the first rate service.
But I wanted to ask about the Steeda Front Swaybar, the rear swaybar is stated improve on the stock smaller rear swaybar to reduce the factory induced understeer and provide a more balanced handling experience on the ST. I have one on my ST and it's very nice, but wouldn't adding the larger front swaybar just re-intorduce the understeer? It seems like to install a larger front swaybar would also require a larger rear swaybar to keep the balance and understeer at bay. So is there some documentation on the testing run with both Steeda Swaybars installed on the track?
Additionally do you plan on adding a PDF install document? It states about one hour install time but judging by other front swaybar installs this is a pretty conservative time frame.
Thanks for you time TJ.

Guy

Reactions
Hello Guy,

First & foremost - thank you for your question. I will try to answer what I can but you may be better suited to call our tech team at 1800 950 0774 if you need further feedback. You can ask for Jamie as he was instrumental in the development & testing of this part.

At the end of the day, if you feel that installing this bar will upset the handling characteristics of your Explorer, then you should not install it. We have had several customers already install this & they have been very happy with the upgrade ... that is all I can provide in terms of what some of our customers are saying thus far.

Can it introduce more understeer - yes, depending on the settings. But in our testing & bringing this to market, we have done our due diligence to ensure this is an upgrade for the community without adverse effects.

We have not tested this on the track as this is not a track-oriented vehicle. Our testing has been done on the street, pushing it where we can in real-world conditions - these are not labeled competition swaybars like the S550.

Installation Timeframe - that may be a carryover from a previous product installation time - our lead tech indicated it should take about two (2) hours - I will have them revise this on the product page.

In regards to the settings - it has three (3) adjustments to get to the ride compliance you are seeking.

OP
SimonsGTS
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Thread Starter #28
Hello Guy,

First & foremost - thank you for your question. I will try to answer what I can but you may be better suited to call our tech team at 1800 950 0774 if you need further feedback. You can ask for Jamie as he was instrumental in the development & testing of this part.

At the end of the day, if you feel that installing this bar will upset the handling characteristics of your Explorer, then you should not install it. We have had several customers already install this & they have been very happy with the upgrade ... that is all I can provide in terms of what some of our customers are saying thus far.

Can it introduce more understeer - yes, depending on the settings. But in our testing & bringing this to market, we have done our due diligence to ensure this is an upgrade for the community without adverse effects.

We have not tested this on the track as this is not a track-oriented vehicle. Our testing has been done on the street, pushing it where we can in real-world conditions - these are not labeled competition swaybars like the S550.

Installation Timeframe - that may be a carryover from a previous product installation time - our lead tech indicated it should take about two (2) hours - I will have them revise this on the product page.

In regards to the settings - it has three (3) adjustments to get to the ride compliance you are seeking.
Thank you for the response TJ, I appreciate your participation in the forum.

Snoopyto

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I am sure your probably right. I’m also putting in the Steeda rear bar and toe links, intercooler, setina skid plates, some wheel spacers, ID link diff brace, etc. Haven’t bothered with exhaust or cold air intake. Considering a set of CV Fab downpipes (or whoosh? Not sure what the difference is between the two).
How did the skid plates fit? Can you get the oil drain without removing everything?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
How did the skid plates fit? Can you get the oil drain without removing everything?
I will let you know when I get them installed. I am still waiting on some FenFab parts and a shipment from Whoosh (SPD Downpipes) then I will haul the parts to the mechanic and let him install everything at once.