Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steeda colors

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Asked Steeda to color match the springs and sway bar.

Great customer service, I wish everyone ran their business like theirs.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I wonder if Steeda would match vehicle color.

Reactions
It's predicated on a handful of colors - predominantly the prime colors.

we have had many customers paint match with their local body shops.

TJ

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
It's predicated on a handful of colors - predominantly the prime colors.

we have had many customers paint match with their local body shops.

TJ
Thanks for the reply. Top notch.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Not to be an alarmist, but does your firewall not have the insulation that other ST's have? See pic below which is patricklb1's and shows the aluminum clad insulation I'm referring to. At the very least, that layer serves to cut down on engine noise.

enginebay.jpg

OP
ARC

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Thread Starter #7
Not to be an alarmist, but does your firewall not have the insulation that other ST's have? See pic below which is patricklb1's and shows the aluminum clad insulation I'm referring to. At the very least, that layer serves to cut down on engine noise.

View attachment 11644
Let me look, good eyes . I didn't know that was an install I am missing. Mine is a 2022 maybe they stopped putting it in as another one of Fords cost cutting measures. I will have to follow up on this.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Could be cost cutting for 2022 but could also just be just a temporary supply-related omission--plenty of those going back to 2020.

Edit: looking at some others' pics, that insulation may just be completely black now--without the aluminum. Hopefully that's the case with yours. I did see some that did NOT have the insulation. Not sure if they were MY2022.

Last edited:
OP
ARC

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Thread Starter #9
Could be cost cutting for 2022 but could also just be just a temporary supply-related omission--plenty of those going back to 2020.

Edit: looking at some others' pics, that insulation may just be completely black now--without the aluminum. Hopefully that's the case with yours.
So....Just looked and I have nothing but plastic there. Looking at it now, it does look like it is missing some sort of sound and or heat protection.
I love this truck but its these little things that make me wonder.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer Platinum
My '21 Platinum doesn't have anything installed on the firewall. Dealer indicated it's not included with the upper trims.