Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Staggered Setup Up.. How about it?

Reactions
Has anybody thought about having a staggered setup with 22's? I have an 07 Grand Cherokee SRT and of course,
it came with a staggered setup and I love the way it looks. Thinking of putting a Stag setup with Vossen HF5's on my 2022 ST
wrapped with Nittos. Thoughts, and or recommendations?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Nothing wrong with a staggered setup. To be honest, I would have to see it to comment.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
As long as the tire OD’s are within a few % it’ll be fine. I prefer as much tire as possible stuffed under all 4 corners…so it’s 315’s square for me.

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I’ve thought about it. But I enjoy being able to rotate tires. Good tires aren’t cheap.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I’ve thought about it. But I enjoy being able to rotate tires. Good tires aren’t cheap.
Excellent point! Ran a staggered setup on my CTSV stock. When I got a set of road racing wheels and tires I went with a square setup just so I could rotate track tires and get a few more sessions out of them.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
As long as the tire OD’s are within a few % it’ll be fine. I prefer as much tire as possible stuffed under all 4 corners…so it’s 315’s square for me.
Does your steering feel heavy?

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Does your steering feel heavy? I installed 20x10s with 295/45s and had to remove them after a week because the car was too difficult to turn. Waste of money, can’t return them now. Almost like it was just too much for our electric power steering system. Strained my wrist and made my ST even more unpleasant to drive than it already is.
I can turn my wheel with 1 finger sitting still. You have other issues.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
I wonder what the issue could be then..

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
What tire are you running? Didn't you originally go 305's due to fitment and rubbing of some 315s? I know I read somewhere on here that the brand of tire can make a difference in which size you go. I'm going to go 22x10.5 +30 in the spring with a good performance summer set and will be on Lethal Springs when I do.

Reactions
I wonder what the issue could be then.. because I switched back to the 21” factories and no more issues. You think offset can play that big a part? They were a 25 offset. They were perfectly flush which was the goal, and I didn’t want any extra wheel/tire getting closer to the suspension. I learned scrub radius and steering king pin angles may have something to do with it. But jeez it’s not that big a difference from other people on here who have offsets between 30-35. The difference was night and day from stock, I couldn’t live with it. And before I waste another few thousand dollars on trying to get another aftermarket wheel offset and tire size just right I’d love all the suggestions/advice I could get.
I put on 20x10 +25 with 305 and it feels the exact same as stock when steering, as unbroken mentioned you may have an issue your w/steering.

Reactions
I have a staggered setup, I'd like to sell them too ($1000 off what I paid)
Same wheels and exact specs as the Ford Racing School Explorer ST
As UNBROKEN said, as long as the tire roll out (OD) is the same front to rear , there will be no issues.

Attachments

Reactions
What's the specs for the set up? And price for sale? @ron@whooshmotorsports for the wheels above?
exact specs of the Ford Racing school Explorer
Track Series SV503
Drop Cup
Gloss Black
Vintage Color Matched Center Cap
Friction Lock
21x10.5
21x11

paid $5800 which was on sale @ Black Friday 2022
Selling for $4500 shipped to your door

message me with interest