Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Stage 1 or buy parts seperately

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
So I'm looking at buying an intercooler+Tune for my Explorer
I know that I want to go with ZFG for my tune with how good their track record is and I see that their package includes the intercooler for roughly $1600. CV also sells their intercooler separately and from what I've seen frequently has a 10-15% off coupon that I could get the cold side charge pipe with it.

Is there any benefit to having the charge pipe on if I'm only doing tune+Intercooler or is it something I can add later without retuning?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
So I'm looking at buying an intercooler+Tune for my Explorer
I know that I want to go with ZFG for my tune with how good their track record is and I see that their package includes the intercooler for roughly $1600. CV also sells their intercooler separately and from what I've seen frequently has a 10-15% off coupon that I could get the cold side charge pipe with it.

Is there any benefit to having the charge pipe on if I'm only doing tune+Intercooler or is it something I can add later without retuning?
Adam’s tune will compensate for any later modifications you do. He is that good. A cold side charge pipe only will not make a noticeable difference but when paired with hot side charge pipe it will.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer St
I have been looking and even with the sales cv has typically the stage 1 pack still ends up being 20 bucks cheaper since you get the device credits tune and intercooler.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I have been looking and even with the sales cv has typically the stage 1 pack still ends up being 20 bucks cheaper since you get the device credits tune and intercooler.
Exactly. The price is pretty good.

OP
J
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Adam’s tune will compensate for any later modifications you do. He is that good. A cold side charge pipe only will not make a noticeable difference but when paired with hot side charge pipe it will.
In all honesty I don't know if I'd go that far in mods on this thing so maybe i should just skip that then.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
In all honesty I don't know if I'd go that far in mods on this thing so maybe i should just skip that then.
I agree. Your list is perfect list for one’s needs.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I agree. Your list is perfect list for one’s needs.
Agree, his list gets the best bang for the buck imo. Downpipes would add 15-20hp but the tune really wakes it up and the intercooler helps a lot on longer pulls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Agree, his list gets the best bang for the buck imo. Downpipes would add 15-20hp but the tune really wakes it up and the intercooler helps a lot on longer pulls.

Yah but downpipes add another $1k including install. Perfect list to get started for him. Intercooler helps period. Driving around, one pull, anything. The stock intercooler is extremely small.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yah but downpipes add another $1k including install. Perfect list to get started for him. Intercooler helps period. Driving around, one pull, anything. The stock intercooler is extremely small.
Yes additional cost and it’s a pita install too. I’ve had a set for six months waiting to tackle installing them. Not difficult, just little room for my old hands

Can’t beat an intercooler and tune as far as best bang for buck.

OP
J
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
Does anyone know how long ZFG usually takes to ship?