Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST with 400a package

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #21
I havent seen a 400A yet... according to my locator.. there aren't any 21s anywhere near me yet and a few leftover 20s like 400 miles away. Mainly every single one I see is a 401.
I looked up my Vin and it pulls as a pre production Vin. And no hvbom

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
Also called my dealer to ask them the direct question. I under if they do this for the st line but wtf if they say the 400a in my21 not 22my

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #23
Well mine is built and eta 10-14
lets see what it looks like when it gets here. I know they say the cya with the disclaimer but when its preselected on the trim level you select that's deceptive. I will fight that since there was no option to add it on to my package. 400a
for example I say power tilt and telescope steering wheel was part of a package that was clear but nope this was preselected for my package. So if they messed up my ordered because the website is wrong then Im gonna raise hell. I understand some work for dealers as sales person or sales managers but if you build your vehicle and its say its included then it gets deleted out because of a ordering error on the order system it would be nice to know this. Also my order is under a lemon law by back, so Im hope My Contact I deal with at ford has some better info when i call on Monday

Last edited:
Reactions
Yeah best of luck. Send me over your VIN number if you get a second... I'll see if I can pull an Oasis on yours.

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #25
Yeah best of luck. Send me over your VIN number if you get a second... I'll see if I can pull an Oasis on yours.
I pulled it yesterday came up pre production. Might not post till Monday but I'm not at work to check again. 1FM5K8GC1MGC36695

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #26
I took a screen shot of the online ford website ordering tool .... so if 100 customers build it the way I do don't you think its dishonest to advertise something that you will not get.

Attachments

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
There is just too much Ford website evidence saying it's included. I think it probably is.

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #28
Hey i put my vin so you could run your oasis . I cant pull hvbom on my fleet access because we are limited to what we can use Darn fleet. Also mine is on its way
Your 2021 Explorer ST is estimated to be delivered to CMA's Williamsburg Ford between 10/8/2021 & 10/14/2021

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #29
The 12 speaker b&o is standard on all st models. The 14 speaker is the upgrade. Not sure why your window sticker shows that way but I wouldn’t worry about it
So just checked my build information on the Ford tracker website. Even my dealer is confused see attached screenshot

Attachments

Reactions
FYI, my window sticker too had 6 speakers listed and I didn’t worry about it as 12 was the standard….we’ll just took delivery and mine only has 6 speakers that sound terrible!!

Put a case in with Ford already cause that’s bs. Even now if you build a ‘21 or a ‘22 with 400a the 12 speaker b&o still shows as standard… my dealer is also perplexed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I am really disappointed in Ford. This is the first time I've seen a car being introduced and instead of gaining more features as standard with each passing year, options get taken away and the documentation of it is lacking. Not only that, when the MY2020 came out, it just seemed rather lacking for the money aside from the powertrain, compared to others in the segment.

Reactions
Mine is a ‘21 as well, ordered late June just took delivery Nov 20th. So should definitely have had the B&O.

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Wow. This is pretty disappointing from Ford. Being told you get 12 speakers, only to get 6, is some bullshit. On the bright side, it will be cheaper to upgrade 6 speakers than 12.

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
FYI, my window sticker too had 6 speakers listed and I didn’t worry about it as 12 was the standard….we’ll just took delivery and mine only has 6 speakers that sound terrible!!

Put a case in with Ford already cause that’s bs. Even now if you build a ‘21 or a ‘22 with 400a the 12 speaker b&o still shows as standard… my dealer is also perplexed.

I’ll be raising hell too

Reactions
So also besides the B&O missing, the second row captains chairs are not heated, no multi-color ambient lighting.... just adding up to a sh*t show Ford wth. Could care less about the lighting to be honest and the heated captains chairs aren't a huge deal but definitely something i would have liked and probably paid for if it wasn't listed as standard.

Reactions
So also besides the B&O missing, the second row captains chairs are not heated, no multi-color ambient lighting.... just adding up to a sh*t show Ford wth. Could care less about the lighting to be honest and the heated captains chairs aren't a huge deal but definitely something i would have liked and probably paid for if it wasn't listed as standard.
If the car you ordered is not what you want, why not reorder it.

Reactions
Agreed and I'm in talks with Ford about that. Problem is that I still need a car in the interim