Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST with 400a package

Reactions
I wanted to know if anyone else ordered a 2021 st with only the 400a package? On my window sticker it states I only get the 6 speaker sound system. I built the st with 400a knowing that it came with the B and O sound. But im a bit confused on why the window sticker says other wise. I went to ford .com and it comes standard on the st only the 14 speaker was the upgrade.

Reactions

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The online build and price is confusing. It says "included" with the B&O 12 speaker but then the details says standard on Limited, ST 401a, Plat, and Timberline. Based on your window sticker, pretty sure you DON'T have it. Sorry. Maybe call Ford customer service line to say you feel duped.

Reactions
The 12 speaker b&o is standard on all st models. The 14 speaker is the upgrade. Not sure why your window sticker shows that way but I wouldn’t worry about it

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
The online build and price is confusing. It says "included" with the B&O 12 speaker but then the details says standard on Limited, ST 401a, Plat, and Timberline. Based on your window sticker, pretty sure you DON'T have it. Sorry. Maybe call Ford customer service line to say you feel duped.
Oh believe me if they get this wrong they will probably be dxing from a local dealer to fix it. They are already in the hole on this.
I currently have a Limited that it comes standard. but the issue is when you build it on fords website with the included 400a package if states the 12 speaker system is included

Reactions
There are fine print astericks that if you go down and read the S1, S2, S3 etc etc... they protect themselves there for website errors.

You are SOL on this if it actually a 6 speaker system unfortunately.

Reactions
When you go to build a Mustang GT.. with the automatic transmission it says 3.55 Tremec rear end is standard but it actually is 3.31s and the 3.55s are a $795 upcharge. Errors like this happen often on their site but they put those guidelines at the bottom saying "not all options are available in packages" and such to protect themselves.

Reactions
Reactions
This is the spec I have. No rims, no brakes and the small infotainment screen which is arguably better anyway. It's pretty much the base ST spec. I bought mine as an ex-rental. Nothing wrong with it. It's great. 12 speakers work fine.

Reactions
I got ST with 401A I don’t think I have 12 speakers either. The quality of this car is not the best either. I would cancel your order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Do 12 speaker system comes with speakers right next to window controls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Here is the Dealer only Oasis for a 400a non Technology Package.

It is built from factory with only 6 speakers.

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 9.30.14 AM.png

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #16
It is supposed TO HAVE BO standard on 400a called ford and see if the messed up with the online build guide.

Reactions
They definitely did. These 400A STs are coming with the standard XLT 6 speaker system. Happened with the gears with ordering an Automatic GT Mustang. They save their ass with the fine print at the end.

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
Have you seen one with the 6 speaker system?

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #19
I cant believe they would make that big of a fail......

Reactions
I havent seen a 400A yet... according to my locator.. there aren't any 21s anywhere near me yet and a few leftover 20s like 400 miles away. Mainly every single one I see is a 401.

Explorer ST Posts