Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Tune

Anyone interested in tuning their ST as they become available?

• Maybe

• No

• HELL YES

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reactions
Whose looking forward to future tune packages? Whose tune might you be looking forward to?

OP
Johnnyo4273
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
My apologies just realized there was a tune section. Can the admin move this over?

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Moved over, thanks for starting the thread(y)

Reactions
Looking to have JDM in Freehold NJ do it. I would be their first for this model.

OP
Johnnyo4273
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Thin Roush or Steeda will come out with a tune for the ST?

Reactions
I’m guessing roush probably will as they are fords performance after market. But do they have tunes for the other ecoboost motors yet? I haven’t looked into that. But I do know livernois and 5 star already have tunes, and have been working with the ecoboost motors for awhile. Once mine is out of warranty or close to it is when I’ll look into it.

Reactions
Has anyone reached out to Hennessey? Seems they are really getting into the EcoBoost motors these days.

Ford Fan

Reactions
I will be at PRI Friday. Am planning on talking to Justin at Palm Beach Dyno to see if they plan on doing a tune.

Reactions
I will be at PRI Friday. Am planning on talking to Justin at Palm Beach Dyno to see if they plan on doing a tune.
I want to say they’ve already done a tune, pretty sure I saw it on YouTube

Reactions
JDM is working on my vehicle with a performance tune. So far he was able to improve the shifting and get rid of the auto stop/start nonsense. Keep you posted on the final result.

roz0

Reactions
Welp, installed 5star 93 performance tune this morning....

Certainly feels like I'm driving a high performance vehicle now. It for sure adds the HP they claim (100+). The power feels so much more accessible at just about all times, the wheels actually spin sometimes now as well. The shifting is soo much better than stock, and while trying to accelerate after coasting, it downshifts much more intuitively than it did prior to the tune.

I even managed to lower my lifetime MPG by .4 after racing it around for about an hour :ROFLMAO:(750 miles).

Reactions

Certainly feels like I'm driving a high performance vehicle now. It for sure adds the HP they claim (100+). The power feels so much more accessible at just about all times, the wheels actually spin sometimes now as well. The shifting is soo much better than stock, and while trying to accelerate after coasting, it downshifts much more intuitively than it did prior to the tune.

I even managed to lower my lifetime MPG by .4 after racing it around for about an hour :ROFLMAO:(750 miles).
What's I involved for install? Is it removable for warranty? Is it civil for regular driving use? Ty

roz0

Reactions
All you have to do is plug a hand held device into the obd port, click a button and email a file. You can always connect the device and put the stock file back on, but from what I know it resets the count on the number of engine starts. So I have no idea what that would mean for warranty.

I’m cracking up at “Is it civil?”:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

In sport it is a bit aggressive, first impression (under 20 miles locally) was that I preferred normal mode with the tune. This coming from somebody who came from a 2 door c63 and drives like an asshole.

They give you the choice of 3 tunes with your device, so you can also get their “daily” tune and switch between them if performance is too aggressive.

Reactions
I wonder what the difference between 5star tune and TeamJDM tuning is. I just want better shifts with a little increase in horsepower and easy to covert back to stock.

roz0

Reactions
JDM is actually 5 minutes from my home, but they were only claiming a gain of 30hp and that just wasn’t aggressive enough imo for an untapped 400hp vehicle. And they were more $$$.

As for converting back to stock, it’s all the same process, upload the stock file via the easily accessible obd port.

Reactions
I'm guessing JDM is a more conservative tune. You say it is more $$$? How much did you pay for yours in all? JDM is $750 for everything.

Reactions

Roz,

I’m ordering the tuner and tune from 5star but it’s asking for the axle code. Did you have to provide that? If so, what’s the code?

Cheers,

barnesy