Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST - Storm Trooper Build

Reactions
New ECU cover came in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you have to move the plug to the left of the cover to install? Yours looks to be further away from the ECU cover than in my late 2021 ST. Also had issues installing so I am contacting Fen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #322
Did you have to move the plug to the left of the cover to install? Yours looks to be further away from the ECU cover than in my late 2021 ST. Also had issues installing so I am contacting Fen.

Yes I put the cable line underneath the plate before installing g and removed the harness from upper frame and pushed it up little. I was gonna drill new holes for the harness but it doesn’t move.

Reactions
Yes I put the cable line underneath the plate before installing g and removed the harness from upper frame and pushed it up little. I was gonna drill new holes for the harness but it doesn’t move.

Would you mind taking a close up picture for me?

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #324

Reactions
Thank you! I need to take the same path that you took for sure.

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Sure… I’ll get some pics once I get home. In Vegas for my wife’s bday.

Please post more wrap pics at your earliest convenience. I hope Vegas went well.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #327
Please post more wrap pics at your earliest convenience. I hope Vegas went well.
Sun is not out today but here you.

Reactions
I was told I can’t use the heated steering wheel feature with this, I’d it true?

Soon enough .... beautiful.

2020 Explorer ST - Storm Trooper Build

Borla S-Type Exhaust | SPD Downpipes | Vossen HF-5 | Michelin PSS Tires | Speeda Rear Sway | Turbosmart BOV | Rear Wiper Delete | Clear Bra | Tinted Headlights | H&R Springs | Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel | Custom Front and Rear Emblems | UPR Catch Can | SPD T-Stat

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #330
I was told I can’t use the heated steering wheel feature with this, I’d it true?
That is correct and that is usually the case for all aftermarket carbon wheels.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #331
It’s been a minute for upgrades for me and the wifey. Sooooo with approval I’ve decided to finish out the 3” exhaust and switch to E50. I found a gas station about 8 miles from the house with E85 and I’ve tested it (it’s on point at E85).

Parts are slowly coming in….

Ordered

-P3car Gauge with hard wiring kit
-P3 Ethanol Sensor
-FenFab fuel lines with sensor/harness
-ZFG E50 tune
-1795 vibrant 3” resonators 18”

Once finished and installed the plan is to have a little fun for 3 to 4 months then going balls out with the HPHP and injectors that Adam @ZFGracing is offering . After that will be stage 5 turbos and level10 transmission build. I like stages so I can enjoy the progression of power and not drop so much money at once. With our youngest starting preschool we are getting a good schedule down and starting to travel again…. Dublin, Ireland for Saint Patrick’s Day 2022 is nextI

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #332
Oh and I also pulled the trigger on the FenFab Intake. After many videos and asking members about their experience with it, I made the decision …. not to mention tired of waiting for the AFE.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #333
Dash disassemble for the P3… decided to install on the right side and “might take up the whole vent and drill symmetrical holes for air flow or half like the traditional look that @UNBROKEN did.. thoughts? Right side is much smaller and will house the gauge nicely m.

Also since the start button was accessible I took it out and will wrap or paint the chrome ring satin black. 2 birds

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
E50 is nice

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #335
Chrome ring wrapped matte black…. Sportier look.

Last edited:
OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #337
Looks great! Man I want that steering wheel!

Thanks man! Steering wheel is by far my favorite mod for sure :)

Reactions
Dash disassemble for the P3… decided to install on the right side and “might take up the whole vent and drill symmetrical holes for air flow or half like the traditional look that @UNBROKEN did.. thoughts? Right side is much smaller and will house the gauge nicely m.

Also since the start button was accessible I took it out and will wrap or paint the chrome ring satin black. 2 birds

You have more skills, or confidence, than I do. I'd never think about taking the dash apart that far, lol. In fact, I have a rattle back there and I'm waiting to get it in to the dealer to get it fixed. I'm afraid to pop off the panel with the start button to tighten it up because it moves around. Looking really good though, keep posting (y)

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #339
You have more skills, or confidence, than I do. I'd never think about taking the dash apart that far, lol. In fact, I have a rattle back there and I'm waiting to get it in to the dealer to get it fixed. I'm afraid to pop off the panel with the start button to tighten it up because it moves around. Looking really good though, keep posting (y)
Appreciate it.

There is nothing to it honestly. 3 bolts behind the screen and remove it. Then pull the vents off. Full access to the start button

I YouTube a lot :)

Reactions
Appreciate it.

There is nothing to it honestly. 3 bolts behind the screen and remove it. Then pull the vents off. Full access to the start button

I YouTube a lot :)

I need to spend a little more time on YouTube I guess.