Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Drive Mode Enhance Cabin Noise

Reactions
I’m not sure the proper term for what Ford did to “enhance” the engine noise when driving g in ST/sport mode. I’ll admit it’s pretty cool even if it doesn’t sound that cool on the outside.

So more importantly, I think that enhanced sound helps to reinforce the driving experience as it also correlates to the engine speed while accelerating and decelerating.

Here’s my issue,...just today, that noise is gone. Gone. Gone. I’ve tried turning the car off several times but now when I drive in sport mode, it sounds like any other mode. THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!

As far as I know, there is no option or weird pressing of buttons to enable or disable this, is there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I’m not sure the proper term for what Ford did to “enhance” the engine noise when driving g in ST/sport mode. I’ll admit it’s pretty cool even if it doesn’t sound that cool on the outside.

So more importantly, I think that enhanced sound helps to reinforce the driving experience as it also correlates to the engine speed while accelerating and decelerating.

Here’s my issue,...just today, that noise is gone. Gone. Gone. I’ve tried turning the car off several times but now when I drive in sport mode, it sounds like any other mode. THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!

As far as I know, there is no option or weird pressing of buttons to enable or disable this, is there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just went and washed the car, got back in, put it in Sport mode and now the enhanced engine noise is gone. i personally enjoyed the fake noise, hopefully next time i get in, it comes back.

Reactions
The concept of fake engine noise boggles my mind, I wish mine would go away.

Reactions
I disabled mine in Forscan.

It's nice to actually listen to the true engine sound then some fake noise making it sound better then it actually is.

It's not like the 3.0L sounds bad in the first place. Ford should just stop implementing it.

Reactions
Wish mine would go away so I can hear the motor. Does my one have a step by step on how to remove it?

Reactions
Does my one have a step by step on how to remove it?
Ahhh, looking for the easy way out. If you search this forum it will have your answer and a lot more.

Basically, you'll need a OBDII adaptor, Forscan and the correct module/code to change.

Reactions
Wish mine would go away so I can hear the motor. Does my one have a step by step on how to remove it?
theres not much to hear, its actually pretty quite without the EEN

rchuro

Reactions