Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SPD downpipes

Reactions
OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
Went ahead and purchased the SPD catted DP's today from Ron over at Whoosh Motors.
Nice guy and very reasonable with shipping so anyone wanting to purchase dp's check him out!
My mechanic said it will take approx 4 1/2hrs to install them.
I just hope there isn't any issues as I read the tranny has to be dropped and heat shields removed to get the passenger side pipe on :(
Also, if anyone was wondering, I was told the 3" piping on the DP's will fit the 2.25" exhaust pipes.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #23
Uploaded the new tune from JDM and WOW. Seriously impressive. There's so much torque I'm getting tire spin on gear changes with good throttle. Kinda crazy tbh. They're running around 4 sec (4.09) steady 0-60 on real word concrete and it feels like it. Downpipes should open it up even more. Boost pressure is around 20 to 21psi.
Exhaust is crackling like crazy too.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Uploaded the new tune from JDM and WOW. Seriously impressive. There's so much torque I'm getting tire spin on gear changes with good throttle. Kinda crazy tbh. They're running around 4 sec (4.09) steady 0-60 on real word concrete and it feels like it. Downpipes should open it up even more. Boost pressure is around 20 to 21psi.
Exhaust is crackling like crazy too.
if you think exhaust cackle is alot now, just wait until after your DPs--so fun.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #25
if you think exhaust cackle is alot now, just wait until after your DPs--so fun.
Ohhhhh baby can't wait!! I've also been told the tone of the exhaust deepens and gets louder on WOT.
This is with the Borla Atak that is.
Tks.