Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SLD (SOLD) For sale, Velgen VF5 22x10.5 +30 in matte black plus tires (see inside)

Reactions
Velgen VF5 concave wheelset

22x10.5 with +30 offset, new TPMS sensors, 305/35R-22 Lionheart LH-5 tires, mounted and balanced. Wheels were $2,400 and tires $721. I put 520 miles on them. Will sell for $1,950 FIRM. Must be local OR arrange for pick up. Located in North Richland Hills, Texas (76180)

It's going to look significantly better with a drop (lowering springs) but I wasn't lowered when these pics were taken.

VelganVF51.png

20210616_104715.jpg

Velgen5.jpg

Velgen6.jpg

Velgen4.jpg

Velgen2.jpg

Reactions
Hey guys, just wanted to say that I made a deal with him yesterday for his forgestar f14s. The dude is a stand-up guy, took me for a spin in his tuned ST.

LowBoost

Reactions
SPF waiting for seller to get back in town so I can pick up wheels.

OP
pelotonracer2
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Did you ever get a weight on these rims/wheels versus stock ?
No they won't fit on my scale. I have a bad back and can't lift them and stand on the scale to weigh them.

Reactions
Any rubbing with that set up?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
pelotonracer2
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Any rubbing with that set up?

None. This is the best set up for a stock or lowered Explorer ST. Many people in this forum have used these exact specs for custom wheels.

Reactions
Cool thank...after looking not much in that size...I may have to go to a 40 series sidewall.....decisions decisions....lol

OP
pelotonracer2
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Cool thank...after looking not much in that size...I may have to go to a 40 series sidewall.....decisions decisions....lol
305/40-22 will rub. You might have to go with a +35 offset. I currently run a 22x11 wheel with 285/40-22 tires with no rubbing, but the sidewalls are slightly stretched (rounded) which I actually love. I don't know the offset of the wheels though.

Attachments

Reactions
305/40-22 will rub. You might have to go with a +35 offset. I currently run a 22x11 wheel with 285/40-22 tires with no rubbing, but the sidewalls are slightly stretched (rounded) which I actually love. I don't know the offset of the wheels though.
Thanks dude..... I've been toying with tire and wheel sizes for two days. Going over 20s...22s... trying to stay close to stock height but also having all season choices under 300 bucks each.... I'm still up in the air lol but, leaning more towards 22s. Not sure if I like the big sidewall 20 would have. I also aren't sure if I'm going to lower it so I don't want to go too short of a sidewall. We have crappy roads around here too lol.

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
I think Gdawgz is running a 305/40 with ~32 offset and no issues. I'm looking at a similar set up.