Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

So I Played with Forscan today....Great Tool....And Of course I have a question or two.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
After reading through every FORSCAN posting that I could find here and sitting through a few YouYube videos I connected Forscan to my ST and dove right in.Pretty simple tool to use, but dangerous if you don't know what you are changing. Even when using the English language version module option without the (AS BUILT) suffix, it can be dangerous because you really don't know what each setting exactly changes because the setting description is very vague.

I made a few changes, saw it wasn't doing what I wanted and reset them back to original. My eyes lit up at all the possibilities especially in the IPC module.
Got rid of the Double Honk
Seatbelt reminder chimes
Bambi Mode
Fog Light Options
Almost forgot. Got both mirrors reverse tilting. Just wish the mirrors had more down tilt capability
Turned on the GLOBAL WINDOW CLOSE in the IPC but not closing my windows when locking with KeyFob (bummer)
Hoping to hit a few more next time.

My Questions:
1. As a Systems programmer I am anal about "backups" therefore need to understand the save module feature. It seems that I cannot save a module feature when using the module option without the AS BUILT suffix. Only the module option with the AS BUILT suffix. Is this correct? When I made my changes today, I was first saving the module with the AS BUILT suffix, than going back to the same module without the AS BUILT suffix to make my changes and writing them. Than going back to the module with the AS BUILT suffix and saving again with a different name. Is this the correct sequence?
I also wrote every single thing that I was changing in a note book. Yeah talk about CYA'ing yourself.

2. I noticed many options in the various modules as DISABLED when I know they are enabled. An example would be in the APIM - FRONT CAMERA IS SET TO - DISABLED. Just wondering if anyone has a clue as to why the setting doesn't match reality?

3. Last question, The IPC module has a lot of gauges that are all disabled. For example, ENGINE OIL GUAGE, ENGINE OIL LOW LEVEL, TURBO BOOST GUAGE, BOOST VACUME and VOLTAGE DISPLAY to name a few which I all enabled but I don't see any of them appearing in any of my cluster displays or any new settings added to the setting display. Am I just wishful thinking here?

Thanks much

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I have a couple of those questions as well. Watching.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
i am trying to find the setting for last set driver mode... When i set it to Sport i want to get in and have it on sport next time i get into the car.. Any ideas where this setting is?

butt_yodel

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Didn't know about the reverse mirror capability. Sounds pretty cool, gonna try it on mine later.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
i am trying to find the setting for last set driver mode... When i set it to Sport i want to get in and have it on sport next time i get into the car.. Any ideas where this setting is?
That is not an option as far as I know. It would be nice.

OP
Greywolf
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #6
Didn't know about the reverse mirror capability. Sounds pretty cool, gonna try it on mine later.
Yes, I had it on my BMW for the last 10 years. It’s a rim saver here in New York City when you’re trying to park.

after you said it in FORScan, there’s also a procedure on setting the memory buttons. If you search on one of the posts, it lists out the six or seven different steps you need to take.

As a matter of fact, I took a snapshot picture of it with my iPhone, so I had it in front of me when I did the setting. Here is the picture. 694EE6C9-D642-4CF8-A4E5-7EE6AEE6271A.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Sadly you can't do that.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I only know enough to be extremely dangerous with forscan. Was clumsy enough to get in there and eliminate double honk and FENG and turn on bambi mode. I hear others have been able to increase the temp on their seat warmers and steering wheel. So that makes me wonder if there is a place that I can turn down the brightness of the dash? I have mine at the lowest setting and at night it's still way to bright for my liking!! Does it bother anybody else or am I the only 1??

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
I only know enough to be extremely dangerous with forscan. Was clumsy enough to get in there and eliminate double honk and FENG and turn on bambi mode. I hear others have been able to increase the temp on their seat warmers and steering wheel. So that makes me wonder if there is a place that I can turn down the brightness of the dash? I have mine at the lowest setting and at night it's still way to bright for my liking!! Does it bother anybody else or am I the only 1??
I asked my wife the same thing. Night driving I don't need it blinding me and have it go to lowest usually. That setting works fine for me. Not sure how easy it would be to see if you went too dark? I'm sure there is a threshold so that Ford isn't liable for 'not being able to see it'.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I asked my wife the same thing. Night driving I don't need it blinding me and have it go to lowest usually. That setting works fine for me. Not sure how easy it would be to see if you went too dark? I'm sure there is a threshold so that Ford isn't liable for 'not being able to see it'.
You're probably right but how stupid is it that common sense is a think of the past. All my older vehicles you can turn the damn dash off at night if you want and nobody ever blamed the manufacturer for the driver being an idiot. Shit Ford can't even trust anybody to check their own transmission fluid so they hide the dipstick under the rig. Limiting liability just means a bonehead consumer is going to do something extremely stupid and sue us over it so let's save the morons from themselves and save us the hassle. It just negatively effects the majority of us who aren't into blaming others for our own actions.

I don't know if there is a setting for adjusting I just wish there was. And if there is I might have to get in there and tweek.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
You're probably right but how stupid is it that common sense is a think of the past. All my older vehicles you can turn the damn dash off at night if you want and nobody ever blamed the manufacturer for the driver being an idiot. Shit Ford can't even trust anybody to check their own transmission fluid so they hide the dipstick under the rig. Limiting liability just means a bonehead consumer is going to do something extremely stupid and sue us over it so let's save the morons from themselves and save us the hassle. It just negatively effects the majority of us who aren't into blaming others for our own actions.

I don't know if there is a setting for adjusting I just wish there was. And if there is I might have to get in there and tweek.
Haha you're not wrong.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

If y'all find this setting to dim the display, I'm in.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
What fog light options did you set?

SIxpack

U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Is Forscan an app? I have a 2022 ST and want to make some of these changes discussed in this thread. Any help will be appreciated...

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Is Forscan an app? I have a 2022 ST and want to make some of these changes discussed in this thread. Any help will be appreciated...
There are tons of threads here about the changes you can make with the Forscan Tool. It's a program you can usually get a free version of. You'll need a windows computer and an adapter to plug your computer into the car to program things.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I’ve avoided Forscan for fear of bricking my ST (I’m probably fully capable of doing so). A friend has Forscan and tinkers with his F-250. He wants to hook up to mine and help me make some small changes (increase the number of flashes with the turn signal, for example).

My question is whether the Forscan he uses for his truck will also work for my ST.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
I’ve avoided Forscan for fear of bricking my ST (I’m probably fully capable of doing so). A friend has Forscan and tinkers with his F-250. He wants to hook up to mine and help me make some small changes (increase the number of flashes with the turn signal, for example).

My question is whether the Forscan he uses for his truck will also work for my ST.
It's the same program for them. Once you have accessed the computer through the program then you'll be able to tweak the settings. The program is just the interface that lets you talk to the cars computer.

OP
Greywolf
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #19

FORScan is just a computer software that attaches to the various modules in your vehicle. It will display just modules in your vehicle once connected. Some of the data points would more likely be different. It’s just knowing where to go for what you’re looking for.

By the way, the changing of the flashers is something I wanted to do but I don’t believe it can be done in our ST’s based on previous readings from different posts.
I hope someone can tell me I’m wrong and correct me and show exactly where to go to make this change.

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
After reading through every FORSCAN posting that I could find here and sitting through a few YouYube videos I connected Forscan to my ST and dove right in.Pretty simple tool to use, but dangerous if you don't know what you are changing. Even when using the English language version module option without the (AS BUILT) suffix, it can be dangerous because you really don't know what each setting exactly changes because the setting description is very vague.

I made a few changes, saw it wasn't doing what I wanted and reset them back to original. My eyes lit up at all the possibilities especially in the IPC module.
Got rid of the Double Honk
Seatbelt reminder chimes
Bambi Mode
Fog Light Options
Almost forgot. Got both mirrors reverse tilting. Just wish the mirrors had more down tilt capability
Turned on the GLOBAL WINDOW CLOSE in the IPC but not closing my windows when locking with KeyFob (bummer)
Hoping to hit a few more next time.

My Questions:
1. As a Systems programmer I am anal about "backups" therefore need to understand the save module feature. It seems that I cannot save a module feature when using the module option without the AS BUILT suffix. Only the module option with the AS BUILT suffix. Is this correct? When I made my changes today, I was first saving the module with the AS BUILT suffix, than going back to the same module without the AS BUILT suffix to make my changes and writing them. Than going back to the module with the AS BUILT suffix and saving again with a different name. Is this the correct sequence?
I also wrote every single thing that I was changing in a note book. Yeah talk about CYA'ing yourself.

2. I noticed many options in the various modules as DISABLED when I know they are enabled. An example would be in the APIM - FRONT CAMERA IS SET TO - DISABLED. Just wondering if anyone has a clue as to why the setting doesn't match reality?

3. Last question, The IPC module has a lot of gauges that are all disabled. For example, ENGINE OIL GUAGE, ENGINE OIL LOW LEVEL, TURBO BOOST GUAGE, BOOST VACUME and VOLTAGE DISPLAY to name a few which I all enabled but I don't see any of them appearing in any of my cluster displays or any new settings added to the setting display. Am I just wishful thinking here?

Thanks much
where did you find the ExST specific settings? I know the F150 forums have a ton of Forscan commentary, but I don't see a "1 post to rule them all" in these forums... maybe missing it? should be a sticky IMHO