Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Silly Question - Front Camera Squirter

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I know this is a pretty silly question but has anyone added the front camera squirter to their 2021? I'd like to have all of the little things they deleted in 21.

For what it's worth, I did find a 3D printed version of the jockey box clip/tab that holds the owner's manual on ETSY. It should arrive in a couple of days. I'm skeptical of printed parts but thought I'd give it a shot. I'd like to get the wiring harness kit for the jockey box light kit too. I don't believe they used one under the armrest but that would be worth its weight looking down that dark hole.

Last edited:

F=MA

Reactions
The 2nd row center console is a perfect spot for the owners manual if you don't have kids or dogs that is.

Reactions
I did the glove box and center console light. Check to see if the harnesses are there first. If so, it’s plug and play. I also added the manual clip and have all the parts to do the front camera washer. I just haven’t had time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
GearHead_1

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Thread Starter #4
Just the man I wanted to talk to. Can you please give me the part number of the front squirter assembly? You may already have done this but I can't tell which bag it's in when showing the part number.

Reactions
I haven’t sorted everything out yet. I think these are the correct parts but not having tried it yet I don’t know for sure. It should be fairly simple (other than disassembly) with a hose with a quick connect T that fees the line to the actual nozzle.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Wait, there were a list of features not included in the 2021 models? I thought everything was the same from the 2020 except perhaps better interior paneling.

Reactions
Wait, there were a list of features not included in the 2021 models? I thought everything was the same from the 2020 except perhaps better interior paneling.
Some features some changes. Here is what I noticed between my 2020 and 2021 when they were side by side:
Removed glove box light
Removed owners manual holder in glove box
Removed center console light
Material used for console liner storage compartments (front and rear) is not silicone. It's now like the wheel well liner material and not as easily cleaned.
Removed heated windshield wiper park
Removed front camera washer
Removed one of the bolts bolt holding rear diff in
Removed rear cargo net, and reversible cargo cover as standard (it's an option now)
Removed roof rails as standard (now an option)

I'm sure there are more things.

Reactions
Far as I know, the only "upgrade" the 21 received in the interior is the plastic cover in the dash now has a piano black color (could be a negative if you hate fingerprints but nicer looking) and the front seats dont have the plastic cover anymore in the rear, full leather. Much nicer looking and easier to clean especially if you have kids.

Reactions
Some features some changes. Here is what I noticed between my 2020 and 2021 when they were side by side:
Removed glove box light
Material used for console liner storage compartments (front and rear) is not silicone. It's now like the wheel well liner material and not as easily cleaned.
Removed rear cargo net, and reversible cargo cover as standard (it's an option now)

So are these items we can find online and install ourselves?

KegsBdry

Reactions
Removed glove box light

This list seems extensive. And these are the little parts and pieces you can actually see. Who knows how long the list keeps going.
It's like Ford was trying to shave weight off the vehicle piece by piece.

Reactions
I am starting to feel better about paying more for my 2020 than a 2021. At least I have the extra squirter and lights in the glove box and console.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Ford releasing next year's version of the vehicle with less features?! That's cold hearted.

When the supply issues are resolved, I wonder if they will they go back to including them?

Will cars made during the pandemic not be sought after?

Reactions
They did lower the price so now they have to take out some cost wherever they can. I would say that getting rid of the roof rack and rear center console were good moves.

Reactions
Sorry, still no install. I was trying to find a front bumper with the threads to accept the tow point. No luck yet with that, and now it's cold. I'll get around to it eventually. :)

Reactions
I haven’t sorted everything out yet. I think these are the correct parts but not having tried it yet I don’t know for sure. It should be fairly simple (other than disassembly) with a hose with a quick connect T that fees the line to the actual nozzle.

Did you ever get Round to installing.? I k ow the post is almost a year old but it's like the only one I found and I would love to do this. I have a 22s

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer st
Did you ever get Round to installing.? I k ow the post is almost a year old but it's like the only one I found and I would love to do this. I have a 22s
i would like to know as well

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

Did you ever install the lights and the Front washer to confirm these are all the parts needed?

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I can tell you i have an early build 2022 (Jan 2022) and it has the multiconture seats, rear A/C controls and rear heated seats. when i removed the glovebox i do not see the connector he shows here. I may still buy the harness for the glove box and try to make it work by wiring it to the light in the passenger side footwell or other constant power source because it looks like there is a switch built into the shock absorber on the left of the glovebox. The rectangular hole is is the glovebox so it can be installed.

The center console doesn't even have the hole there to install the light and the harness isn't there behind the rear A/C controls. I think i will forgo trying to install this. its not worth cutting my center console and having to figure out the wiring just for a small light in the center console. The harness for this probably went away not long after the lighted cup holds.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I can tell you i have an early build 2022 (Jan 2022) and it has the multiconture seats, rear A/C controls and rear heated seats. when i removed the glovebox i do not see the connector he shows here. I may still buy the harness for the glove box and try to make it work by wiring it to the light in the passenger side footwell or other constant power source because it looks like there is a switch built into the shock absorber on the left of the glovebox. The rectangular hole is is the glovebox so it can be installed.

The center console doesn't even have the hole there to install the light and the harness isn't there behind the rear A/C controls. I think i will forgo trying to install this. its not worth cutting my center console and having to figure out the wiring just for a small light in the center console. The harness for this probably went away not long after the lighted cup holds.
I got these 4 Pieces Mini USB LED Light, RGB Car LED Interior Lighting DC 5V Smart USB LED Atmosphere Light, Laptop Keyboard Light Home Office Decoration Night Lamp, Adjustable Brightness, 8 Colors https://a.co/d/09J5w9I.
Plugged into usb power adapter in center console. Turns on with car and turns off about 20 min once car is off.

duke594

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer Limited
I was able to add the front camera washer to my 2021 Explorer Limited( I know not an ST). I plan on uploaded pictures of the install and parts I used tonight or tomorrow.