Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Silly Question - Front Camera Squirter

duke594

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer Limited
How I installed the front camera washer on my 2021 Ford Explorer Limited.
Parts Needed:
Front Hose - Ford (LB5Z-17A605-K)
Connector Hose - Ford (LB5Z-17A605-Z)
Spray Jet - Ford (LB5Z-17603-D)

1st I had to remove the front bumper cover/ grill to get access to the camera. Here is a link to the YouTube video I used to help with removing the bumper cover/ grill:
;

2nd Once I had the bumper cover/ grill removed I removed the camera module to install the spray nozzle to it Spray Jet - Ford (LB5Z-17603-D). I carefully removed the connector to the camera and used a Torx T20 to remove the 4 screws that hold it to the grill. I made sure I put the camera back in the same direction it came out. Picture 1

3rd Once I had the nozzle installed and reinstalled the camera module I connected the Front Hose - Ford (LB5Z-17A605-K). I had to remove 2 push pins that held the camera cable to the bumper cover/ grill and push the Christmas tree pins from the hose into those locations. Then pushed the rest of the Christmas tree pins into the white tabs attached the camera cable/ wire harness. Picture 2

4th I installed all of the Christmas tree pins into all of the white tabs till the end of the front hose (white connector). Picture 3 and Picture 4

5th I reinstalled the bumper cover/ grill reverse the steps from the YouTube video.

6th Once bumper cover/ grill in reinstalled I connected the Connector Hose - Ford (LB5Z-17A605-Z). This was a bit harder to install as there wasn’t a clear path of how to run the hose. I accessed the location by removing the front half of the inner fender liner. There are 2 christmas tree connectors that I pushed into the holes in the sub frame. Picture 5

7th Once I had the hose to the top of the subframe I ran the hose up from the bottom of the washer fluid reservoir to the connector location for the front windshield washer hose. To access this area, I had to remove a piece of plastic trim held in with push clips. See the pictures below for the locations. Picture 6, Picture 7 and Picture 8

8th I tested the sprayer worked. Once verified working I put the inner fender liner back and reinstalled the plastic trim piece I had removed.

Attachments

Last edited:

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
How I installed the front camera washer on my 2021 Ford Explorer Limited.
This is also a great video on removing the front bumper. ;)