Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Selling my 22 ST allocation when it arrives

Reactions
I have to sell my kidney just to make back to MSRP haha
Ford will 8==D [bootyshake][clap]you all day and say come back for some more when your ready to talk

Reactions
Anyone that’s interested in this, remember that you’ll be the second owner and the value drops with each consecutive owner.

Reactions
We are MSRP everything except certain SVT products, MachE GTs, and Broncos that become available if the original orderer backs out... no X-plan, A/Z is approved.

The only time we are marking up a customer order is on the Bronco Raptor.. which is between 15-20k mark up.
All the buyer has to do is notify Ford on the markup you are doing if it is a custom order. Ford Corp will contact the dealership and explain to you the MSRP if you don't follow they will limit the number of orders for the dealer or stop allowing custom orders on the models you get complaints for.

Reactions
All the buyer has to do is notify Ford on the markup you are doing if it is a custom order. Ford Corp will contact the dealership and explain to you the MSRP if you don't follow they will limit the number of orders for the dealer or stop allowing custom orders on the models you get complaints for.
For the "hand-raisers" for the Bronco Raptor.. Ford specifically told dealership to sell at market value and even the letter they sent the order holders said the pricing agreement is completely between them and the dealership.

Ford is only cracking down on normal stock units being sold for over sticker such as XLT Explorers and Escapes and such.

Reactions
For the "hand-raisers" for the Bronco Raptor.. Ford specifically told dealership to sell at market value and even the letter they sent the order holders said the pricing agreement is completely between them and the dealership.

Ford is only cracking down on normal stock units being sold for over sticker such as XLT Explorers and Escapes and such.
I think it is more than that, My friend ordered a Mach E from a local dealership about 8-10 weeks ago. They added 3500k to the MSRP, he contacted Ford about it and 3 weeks later the dealer notified him they are removing the 3500K. You can hop on other Forums and reddit and see the same thing happen with Broncos, Ford Lightning....its not just Escapes and XLT explorers. Ford and GM are really starting to crack down hard, I think Hyundai\Kia also issued announcement on markups.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Local dealers in the Houston area are marking up ST's between $5-7k.

Reactions
When I’m going to car meets on the weekends I see other people really interested into the ST, but always the MSRP they see is about 5k from what I paid for it was 58k in Nov 21. I said to wait for the BS to start going away about mark ups but to always call around the dealership cause sometimes they get custom orders but buyer backs out.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
When I’m going to car meets on the weekends I see other people really interested into the ST, but always the MSRP they see is about 5k from what I paid for it was 58k in Nov 21. I said to wait for the BS to start going away about mark ups but to always call around the dealership cause sometimes they get custom orders but buyer backs out.
That's how I got mine last month. Special order that backed out.

Reactions
I think it is more than that, My friend ordered a Mach E from a local dealership about 8-10 weeks ago. They added 3500k to the MSRP, he contacted Ford about it and 3 weeks later the dealer notified him they are removing the 3500K. You can hop on other Forums and reddit and see the same thing happen with Broncos, Ford Lightning....its not just Escapes and XLT explorers. Ford and GM are really starting to crack down hard, I think Hyundai\Kia also issued announcement on markups.
you must not have fully understood my first post when I said we weren’t marking that stuff up lol but thanks for the info I think?

Reactions
you must not have fully understood my first post when I said we weren’t marking that stuff up lol but thanks for the info I think?
No, I understand what you are saying and that's great for your dealership not taking advantage....The main point I was trying to put out there is there can be some fight back on the markups just in case others are out there looking for vehicles.

Reactions
FWIW, I got 2 offers just below MSRP right off the bat for ordering one.. One dealership has no dealer fees too, so that's roughly a grand less than most places.

Still, paying MSRP feels unnatural to me. I can't do it. I was gonna buy a 2020 a little over a year ago for 50k between rebates and dealer price concessions. Paying 8k more than that a year later just doesn't work for me.

MrHoward

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
We are MSRP everything except certain SVT products, MachE GTs, and Broncos that become available if the original orderer backs out... no X-plan, A/Z is approved.

The only time we are marking up a customer order is on the Bronco Raptor.. which is between 15-20k mark up.
That is crazy… I can’t believe people are paying that…

Reactions
That is crazy… I can’t believe people are paying that…
We sold an available Bronco today at 5k over sticker the customer was happy about it... he has another one that he paid 15k over so ours was a "discount" haha... it's actually insane!

Reactions
There's going to be so many people who never financially recover from mistakes like this it's not even funny.

Shazda

Reactions
Easy to get an ST with no dealer markup. And the good thing is the Ford will help you get through Ford Credit with a damn good rate. I would never buy a flipped car, especially for anything over MSRP.

Blaster7Romeo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Back in Jan and Feb when I was looking for mine. I am in Western NC I talked to dealers from WV down to Atlanta. If they had it in sock or already on the way you where paying MSRP at the minimum Some guys flat out just put 5K on the sticker price and did not say anything when they sent me the email quote. Some put on there " add on package " for 2 or 3K which was the typical dealer add on over prices stuff. I have an x plan code. almost everyone would honor it if I was ordering one, but not on an already ordered one.

Last edited:

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Im hearing MSRP is the norm now, but surcharging on top of MSRP is playing dirty IMHO. I would be terminating any sales relationship with a dealership thats doing that. When the tables turn they would be dead to me.
One dealer I went to was charging $3k over sticker for one on their lot, plus another $1,500 in dealer add on's. I walked.
So I found a dealer that had one there for MSRP. I never paid MSRP before, but what are you gonna do ...

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
We sold an available Bronco today at 5k over sticker the customer was happy about it... he has another one that he paid 15k over so ours was a "discount" haha... it's actually insane!
I believe you meant "highway robbery" when talking about paying even one dime over MSRP.

There's an ST at a dealer not far from me with just a few options, it's at MSRP and has been on the their lot for months.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Easy to get an ST with no dealer markup. And the good thing is the Ford will help you get through Ford Credit with a damn good rate. I would never buy a flipped car, especially for anything over MSRP.
I got better rates staying away form FORD Credit.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I got better rates staying away form FORD Credit.
And I got 0% for 36 months last fall and 0% for 60 months earlier this year…from Ford Credit. In both cases, with no down payment.