Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SECOND ROW CUPHOLDERS BETWEEN CAPTAINS CHAIRS

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
When you get tired of that step up to the Aviator console. 0D7421F6-51B9-48A1-8DEA-E1E4610D5482.jpeg

Deere78

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer limited
I priced one of those out. No thanks. Lol

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
@UNBROKEN, which brand of air freshener are you using in that pic?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I think it's called "Eau d'Monet"!
I didn't find anything doing a quick Google search by that name. @TMac, Do you have a link by chance?

I've been using the Duo Gel fresheners and have become a little disappointed with them. They smell great but all too often they show up with half of the product dried out.

download.png

I'm one of the unfortunate ones that jumped on the vent clip-ons earlier in their introduction. Some of these leaked. If so they'll peel the vinyl lacquer off of the vents. I won't use these anymore.

I'll shut up here. I've already taken this thread sideways.

Last edited:

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I didn't find anything doing a quick Google search by that name. @TMac, Do you have a link by chance?.
It was a joke about the cost of that rear console setup- Oh da money - smell the money...Guess I'm not as funny as I thought...but it was late and I'd had a couple cocktails!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
It was a joke about the cost of that rear console setup- Oh da money - smell the money...Guess I'm not as funny as I thought...but it was late and I'd had a couple cocktails!
Got me too TMac, yes too many cocktails. I used Google translate and was still wondering what the hell you were talking about until I saw this post. Now it makes sense.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
You got me, argent is french for money. Monet typically is in reference to the artist. I laughed.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Loved Harvey. Carol Burnette comes on one of the educational channels here at 11 pm. Those guys were simply the best.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer
Thanks for this post!!! I interested adding the cup holder as I got the all weather floor mats and ford hasn’t updated the floor mat for captain chairs without cup holder on the floor so I have a large area of exposed carpet between my floor mats.

Sawdust

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
F150 Lariat
Hey all, my wife is looking at getting a 2020 ST to replace her car that was totaled a couple of weeks ago. I'm curious if anyone has done this swap in reverse. We want our pup to be able to lay down between the two middle seats but the cupholder is in the way of that. If we were to remove it, how large of a hole in the carpet would I need to try and cover up?

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hello everyone, my wife and I recently received our 2022 explorer that we have waited about 9 months, upon receiving our explorer we noticed the second row doesn't have the cupholder insert in between the captains chairs. However they did give us fold cupholders behind the front center console. I am a technician at Lithia Ford in Boise, IDAHO and from my experience those cupholder like to break. We really enjoyed our center cupholder between the captains chairs in our 2020 explorer ST. In my experience I have found that Ford often times with discontinue certain features or trim pieces and still leave holes and this is no different. I order the bracket, mounting bolts and cupholder tray from a 2020 explorer St. I then removed both second row seats and to my amazement found that the holes are still in the floor, you have to cut your carpet to fit the bracket but after that its a breeze we also burned the carpet that we cut to keep from fraying, total install time was around an hour and a half for me and the best part was I just used my ford pass points to pay for it. below I have included pictures. View attachment 13153 View attachment 13154 View attachment 13155 View attachment 13156
Welcome to the forum. Good job I have the bench seat.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hey all, my wife is looking at getting a 2020 ST to replace her car that was totaled a couple of weeks ago. I'm curious if anyone has done this swap in reverse. We want our pup to be able to lay down between the two middle seats but the cupholder is in the way of that. If we were to remove it, how large of a hole in the carpet would I need to try and cover up?
I installed one on my 23 ST, the opening in the carpet has to be larger than the mounting bracket but smaller than the cup holder or the cup holder will not lock down completely and rattle, hope this helps. See the picture in Post #1.