Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

S&B coming soon

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
OP
T
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #2
Looks very similar to the aFe system. Quite a bit better price point at $449 instead of the $730 for the aFe. I’m definitely gonna be ordering one once they start shipping.
IMG_1331.jpeg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Nobody on the planet has ever paid $730 for an AFe. They’ve been selling for about $500.

ST916

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I like the clean look of this one

UWN

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I’d be interested in this as well, I just prefer the look over the AFe, I’d hope for similar specs/results to the AFe as it seems to be the go to

OP
T
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Agreed. I love the look. And definitely going to keep my eyes out for when the post up some results.

Reactions
Never seen an AFE for 7 hundo... glad there is another option non the less.

Rev_5oh

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I'm just waiting for the "Add to Cart" button. I have S&B CAI in my 21 F150 5.0 and like it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Interesting the long tube is 2 parts.

OP
T
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
Just got notification that this shipped out to me today. They are normally 2 day shipping to the shop so should see it Tuesday. Will report back on how it looks!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
anyone with a flow bench to test this one vs AFE?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
I’ve been waiting on mine to be shipped to me for almost a month. It started off with we have in stock, since then it has been oh one more week or it will be another couple weeks.

garn

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Install went well, everything is well put together. The factory air supply connection is a little loose in the box, but that's a very minor thing.

The factory BOV clamp is a pain in the ass to reach and release. On my 2020, I re-used the factory PCV pipe w/sensor.

brojam81

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Does anyone have a video of this installed? Curious about the HP gains.

brojam81

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I’ve been waiting on mine to be shipped to me for almost a month. It started off with we have in stock, since then it has been oh one more week or it will be another couple weeks.
I ordered mine on 11/11 from Lethal (was listed as "in stock") and just now experiencing the same thing.

11/20 I get an email saying...
"The S&B are showing they have an estimated time to arrive to our warehouse and then ship to you the beginning of December. Once this items ship we will then send over an email with tracking information so you can continue to monitor your order."

Today I received another email saying...
"Right now these cold air intake kits are in production with a lead time of 3-4 weeks to ship out at this time. If you cannot wait or need to make changes to the order, please let us know and we would be glad to help out.

Thanks, Lethal

They must have bottlenecked with the Black Friday sales ‍♂️

Reactions
I ordered mine on 11/11 from Lethal (was listed as "in stock")

Nope not due to black friday, ordered mine mid october. End of october I was told I was second in line, and here we are a month later hoping maybe it ships by the end of the year.

brojam81

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Nope not due to black friday, ordered mine mid october. End of october I was told I was second in line, and here we are a month later hoping maybe it ships by the end of the year.
Well that sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
I ordered mine on 11/11 from Lethal (was listed as "in stock") and just now experiencing the same thing.

11/20 I get an email saying...
"The S&B are showing they have an estimated time to arrive to our warehouse and then ship to you the beginning of December. Once this items ship we will then send over an email with tracking information so you can continue to monitor your order."

Today I received another email saying...
"Right now these cold air intake kits are in production with a lead time of 3-4 weeks to ship out at this time. If you cannot wait or need to make changes to the order, please let us know and we would be glad to help out.

Thanks, Lethal

I ordered mine on 10/11, after the first couple of weeks I started calling once a week. Throughout this hole time they have told me they had manufacturing issues or supply shortages and 50 people in line. A couple weeks ago they told me hey we’re just waiting on 1 piece of your kit and we will ship it to you any day now. Last week when I called they told me we got that part for your kit however we have no filters now. They said they emailed their filter manufacturer 8 days ago and they have no received a response so they can’t give me a eta. I was told to call back in another week and that they will hopefully have an update.

All in all I’m still waiting but the experience hasn’t exactly left a good taste in my mouth in regards to the company. They mentioned they were making hot and cold pipes aswell but I’m real hesitant to continue doing business with them in the future.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Y'all are acting surprised…but it’s well known these things have been on backorder since the first run sold out. You’re not the only ones waiting and griping about it isn’t gonna speed up the process.

brojam81

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I ordered mine on 10/11, after the first couple of weeks I started calling once a week. Throughout this hole time they have told me they had manufacturing issues or supply shortages and 50 people in line. A couple weeks ago they told me hey we’re just waiting on 1 piece of your kit and we will ship it to you any day now. Last week when I called they told me we got that part for your kit however we have no filters now. They said they emailed their filter manufacturer 8 days ago and they have no received a response so they can’t give me a eta. I was told to call back in another week and that they will hopefully have an update.

All in all I’m still waiting but the experience hasn’t exactly left a good taste in my mouth in regards to the company. They mentioned they were making hot and cold pipes aswell but I’m real hesitant to continue doing business with them in the future.
Well that isn't reassuring, but everyone says S&B is the better of the CAI options. I kinda like the simplicity of the FenFab setup though. I guess we'll see. I'm waiting for the CAI before getting the DMS tune.