Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Roof Rail is fading

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thanks for complementing my ST. It's the sunny side in the pic; technically the sun is to the upper left in the photo. There is a shadow below the mirror b/c it is folded in. The paint just looks that good!

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Not all of the dirt that just came off of the 4 wheel drive, that had been out mudding and drove through the wash in front of you ends up down the drain. You cannot dictate what goes on in front of you. Invariably some of that dirt will be dragged across your finish. Those marks will be in your finish even after one wash. I wish it weren't so but it is.

I'm not simply arguing here. I think most people can reason their way through this. It most often comes down to a matter of just how much one will tolerate before they say, "Hey this isn't good." My experience is simply that people see clean, dressed protected, and spot-free very differently. I think it's great you take enough pride in your vehicle to clean it frequently.

Many people will recognize the name Mike Phillips of Meguiars, PBMG and now of 3D. When talking about car chemicals and tools he used to say, "Find something that you like and use it often." I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't mind that statement being expanded to include "Find something that works for you and do it often."

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I have a 2022 and my passenger side looks just like this. I noticed it the other day when I was washing it. Definitely going to bring it up at the dealer next time

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
MY2020 has much nicer roof rails. After that year Ford saved a few dollars by putting the the base model Explorer roof rails on the ST.

Reactions
Had the same issue on my 2021 ST. Noticed it a about 20k miles and 18 months into my lease. It was covered under warranty. Did not feel comfortable with dropping the headliner but it's really the only way to get at the fasteners. Both rails were replaced even though the problem was confined to the trailing edge on the driver's side. In the end the headliner was dropped and reinstalled with no issues.