Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Roof rack cross bars?

Greyghost

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thank you, finally got my Skybox 18 in. Lot bigger than I expected... Will post how it looks, I have a feeling I'm gonna look like a bubble butt explorer now! hahaha

Greyghost

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Its official, Imma dad! hahaha. I feel like there is no way for a roof box to not look like a pair of New Balance shoes and a fanny pack. Either way this should work for all the stuff and things.

Thoughts?

Attachments

Reactions
I'd rethink that. Most of us are ignoring the Ford limits but are driving cautiously knowing the rollover risk is greater. I think my Skybox weighs 47lbs? It's almost a given that I'm going to exceed 75lb. i for sure drive cautiously but have to remind my wife because it's not something she thinks about.

I too put heavy things in the trunk and try to put lighter things up top. But anyone who's travelled by air knows even clothes weigh a ton.
Always smart to be cautious, but I've definitely had as much as 240 lbs on my roof without issues.