Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Review of my Magnaflow Exhaust System #19515 set to music (without 3" inch downpipes)

F=MA

Reactions
Set to this instrumental:

Somewhere in there, beneath the console low
Sounds just like the sunroof with its panels shaking slow
Took all my stuff from every nook I know
Closed up the sunroof but still I hear it so

And evertime I try to drive 2000 rpm
The plastic in my vehicle vibrates enough to send
Me looking at my dash and seats to see whats shaking how
I would have though the manufacturer would have worked it out by now

Somewhere in there, beneath the console low
Sounds just like the sunroof with its panels shaking slow.....

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Welcome to the drone that Magnaflow tried and failed to tune out with that Helmholtz chamber. I’d cut them off and cap that pipe with an inch or so left then find the resonant frequency and build 1/4 wave resonators to make it disappear.
No, you shouldn’t have to but if you like the sound you either fix it or live with it. Or try to get a refund and buy the Thermal R&D kit that everyone so far says has no drone.

Reactions
F=MA seems like the sounds hasn't gotten any better even with the break in.....I am nervous about my install now. We are still waiting on steeda for the springs and sway bar but my installer has the SPD down pipes and the magnaflow. Are you going to install the downpipes to see if it makes a difference or just completely remove the magnaflow exhaust?

OP
F=MA

F=MA

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
No to the downpipes at this point. With an E50 tune, intercooler and a 2.5 inch exhaust this thing is almost fast enough for me. My old saying is "if it ain't broke fix it until it is" may apply here.

OP
F=MA

F=MA

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Just sent a inquiry to Magnaflow about it and included my musical review link...