Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Reset Door Entry Code without using the dealership

KegsBdry

Reactions
Bought my ST used. The Door Entry Code was reset by the previous owner. But the previous owner will not reply to dealership requests for the code.

The service department at a Ford Dealership is requesting $60 to reset the Door Entry Code. There has to be a DIY solution.

Reactions
There should be a card in the glovebox with the factory code on it.....mine was in my owners manual looked like a business card I believe

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I read about that in the users manual, but don't think the previous owner left one behind for me to find.
There should be a card in the glovebox with the factory code on it.....mine was in my owners manual looked like a business card I believe
I read about that in the users manual, but I don't think the previous owner left one behind for me to find. Went through everything thoroughly.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
UPDATE: Waited until one of these problems showed up (RECALLS) & used that to get the code for the door code reset for free. Saved me $60! Small victory, but nice.

NOTE: Bought the ST Used....and the door code was not provided.

Reactions
Yeah, the idiot def lost it. That's something they told me to keep along with the barcode Key tag for the vehicle in case you lose a key.

Lucky for me, I've "misplaced" that barcode tag :rolleyes: but I've yet to lose one-of-two manufactures keys to any vehicle I've owned.

Glad to see your issue got sorted out. I thought for a sec you could go into setting to add a passcode, but I just remembered when I added mine, it asked for the original code.

OHST

Reactions
Take a photo of the card with your phone so you’ll never lose it