Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Replacement Exhaust Systems

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Anyone considering having multiple exhaust systems? I have the Borla S Type, which I really like, but quiet is nice too sometimes. Has anyone considered having two separate set ups just from the mufflers back and including the tips? They only take 15 mins to swap out. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I personally don't hate the idea, but I have also had upwards of 30 different exhaust set ups on my 2011 mustang GT. I just can't find what I like I guess

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I was thinking for long road trips or other circumstances where a louder exhaust would not be preferred. Silent but deadly is pretty cool too.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
just install a normal setup with mufflers and then build in a solenoid activated cut-out for when you wanna get loud. having multiple exhausts sounds like a PITA.

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
just install a normal setup with mufflers and then build in a solenoid activated cut-out for when you wanna get loud. having multiple exhausts sounds like a PITA.
Not a bad idea. I’m talking about months in between switches. 4 bolts. Two hanger and two pipe.