Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Remove all front badging?

Reactions
Would be so sweet if we could get a completely blank grill like this. Just edited and looks pretty nice.

2DE208BA-5984-4D70-A5FB-2F8B5B0695EF.jpeg

92onward

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Yeah that looks pretty cool

Reactions
At the very least the "EXPLORER" badging has gotta go...so does the Blue Oval

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

lwlf13

Reactions
I’d buy one. Looks great!

Reactions
I'm guessing there would be a huge hole if we tried to remove the blue oval? I've taken my grill off like 15x but never looked closely enough

mxkrgr

Reactions
I'm a buyer for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

F=MA

Reactions
I can answer that question about the grills blue oval. I drilled through the front to remove using replacement oval as a guide. Replacement oval is now held in place with 3m molding tape. Installed the replacement oval way after the intercooler was installed so not interested in removing the front grill/bumper again. Using tip from Unbroken ;) drill through the front to remove stock grill oval.

C4EB7BAF-325A-483A-B7A0-DA9003004377.jpeg
IMG_0722.JPG
IMG_0718.JPG IMG_0723.JPG
IMG_0728.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions
Would be so sweet if we could get a completely blank grill like this. Just edited and looks pretty nice.

View attachment 4200
That grill looks fantastic! I was hoping somebody would come out with one of these when I bought my first ST 2 yrs ago. Now I have a new one on order and can only hope somebody will build this grill. It makes the front look like a completely different animal! Jim

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
That grill looks fantastic! I was hoping somebody would come out with one of these when I bought my first ST 2 yrs ago. Now I have a new one on order and can only hope somebody will build this grill. It makes the front look like a completely different animal! Jim
Someone did build it. 3 grilles and a lot of plastic welding and sanding. 09C7C30A-4173-45DF-AA7C-134E71B63C6F.jpeg

Reactions
I really the look but not that much!

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I ditched the letters and am waiting for the blacked out Ford Badges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I can answer that question about the grills blue oval. I drilled through the front to remove using replacement oval as a guide. Replacement oval is now held in place with 3m molding tape. Installed the replacement oval way after the intercooler was installed so not interested in removing the front grill/bumper again. Using tip from Unbroken ;) drill through the front to remove stock grill oval.

View attachment 7895
View attachment 7896
View attachment 7897 View attachment 7898
View attachment 7899
Where did you get your badges from? I was planning on doing the same thing. Really don’t want to take off the front bumper to change out emblems.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Take a look for @UNBROKEN's shortcut on installing a front Ford oval and see if that is something you would like to do. It is no doubt easier than pulling the grill. In essence, you would be drilling the original studs and using double-sided tape to hold the new one on.

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Take a look for @UNBROKEN's shortcut on installing a front Ford oval and see if that is something you would like to do. It is no doubt easier than pulling the grill. In essence, you would be drilling the original studs and using double-sided tape to hold the new one on.
Do you know where I could find that shortcut? I did the same thing before on a different truck. They actually have a template on where to screw. I can’t remember where I got them from for the life of me.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Do you know where I could find that shortcut? I did the same thing before on a different truck. They actually have a template on where to screw. I can’t remember where I got them from for the life of me.
Look at post # 8

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
HA! I had no idea that this info was already in this thread and I really did think it was Unbroken's quick fix. My apologies.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I can answer that question about the grills blue oval ...

View attachment 7899
The blacked out "Ford" lettering on a red background with the black "Explorer" lettering across the hood on a red Explorer looks awesome!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST

View attachment 7895
View attachment 7896
View attachment 7897 View attachment 7898
View attachment 7899
Can you please tell me who did your custom oval?