Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Removal of Diff brace for rear axel bolt recall?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
That is unbelievable. The variation in quality throughout all organizations in this country is staggering. I asked the service manager to meet the tech that would be working on the vehicle. Super nice young man but gave him $50 and said it is the little things that make the biggest difference. Why do this? From my experience the old saying holds true. Money talks and BS walks. I would stay away from that dealer.
Good post and the right moves! He wont forget that $50 and if he gets to work on it again he will remember and take care of it ..Ull get more then 50 back thats for sure...

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Wait t
For whatever reason it was in the service order for recall repair!

I can tell you that the Billings Dealership Archie Cochrane Ford is gotta be one of the worst service centers in the country. Picked it up on Saturday and they caved in my frame rails as they didn't use the factory lift points, warranty items not completed, greasy handprints all over the interior, and gouge in my front Waido spoiler. That's just what I found with a quick walk around. Will see what else I find when able to get it up on my lift. Hell, maybe it didn't need to be drained for all I know since they all seem to be morons.
View attachment 21957
wait they did all that shit stuff to ur st after you duked him $50 ?? Oh shit , I'd be like kid give me my $50 back !! I hope you told them all of this before you left with the car ? I was clearly wrong about what that $50 would get you !

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
What did you take your St in for ? Was it the rear diff bolt recall ? and the camera ??
Yes. Wasn't having any issues with camera and with the rear diff brace I wasn't worried about the bolt. But figured the dealership could address both those issues fairly easily and I had a couple warranty items I wanted them to fix (rear shock leaking and fender molding fix). So scheduled it all at same time since I was pushing 35K miles. Yeah..............that was a mistake :cautious: My local dealership is fricken terrible!!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Seems like dealer's are using different procedures to replace the bushing. Did Ford not come out with instructions for replacing the bushing for dealer's to follow?
Good question. Took mine in and showed the service writer the procedure you had posted in another thread for bushing replacement in Police vehicles and he said “I’ve never seen that before.” Then asked if Ford had supplied a similar process for the ST’s and he said that he hadn’t seen one but the techs probably had something. I like my service writer but it’s moments like this that are cringe worthy. Needless to say, I had removed my differential brace before taking it in just because.

For those interested, here’s the link to the bushing replacement procedure for Police vehicles that @Cdubya had posted earlier. I can’t imagine it being any different for the rest of us. Step two is “drain the differential“.

https://www.explorerst.org/attachme...-replacement-police-units-only-pdf-pdf.22372/