Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Removal of 3rd seat row

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Do you have any pictures ? I want to do the same type of floor. I have to carry a bunch of tools and tool boxes and would love to be able to hide them and lock them out of site !!! where is the part that opens ? Is it near the back gate or near the row of seats?
Not handy but there are some in my build thread.

https://www.explorerst.org/index.ph...tory-location-and-rest-of-stereo-upgrade.3540

It flips up from the rear with some gas struts so it stays up. The upper level is available for storage. I use Velcro straps screwed to the floor to hold my goodies from sliding around. It has a pretty simple keyed lock in the back center but it is covered with carpet so you can’t see it. Could easily be broken in to especially with power tools but I’m going for the stealth look.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Not handy but there are some in my build thread.

https://www.explorerst.org/index.ph...tory-location-and-rest-of-stereo-upgrade.3540

It flips up from the rear with some gas struts so it stays up. The upper level is available for storage. I use Velcro straps screwed to the floor to hold my goodies from sliding around. It has a pretty simple keyed lock in the back center but it is covered with carpet so you can’t see it. Could easily be broken in to especially with power tools but I’m going for the stealth look.
Almost anything can be broken into .. if they don't aee anything they usually just keep ongoing to the next one! I so want to do this!!!!!!

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
That looks awesome! Where is the spare ? is it still underneath? That floor doesnt look like its hinged so you can open ....
Spare was removed in this. I removed it the 1st day I got it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Spare was removed in this. I removed it the 1st day I got it.
yea not muich storage underneath the top floor with the spare in.. I removed the 3rd row and am building a new floor thats hinged son there is some storage under it . ....PLUS I need room for the sub! lol...

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Yeah, I have no interest in adding a sub.