Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Recommended 18” all black Wheel

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Folks, I’ve been searching high and low for a winter set up. I want to run BFG all terrain K03 tires on an 18 inch rim with a much closer to 0 offset. There is absolutely nothing I’m finding that is hubcentric to a 2022 ST. Really hate to use hubcentric rings. Do you folks who’ve gone aftermarket rims find it typical using hubcentric rings? Not interested in the PI rims. If anyone is using a good looking 18” all black glossy wheel, please shoot a link my way.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Folks, I’ve been searching high and low for a winter set up. I want to run BFG all terrain K03 tires on an 18 inch rim with a much closer to 0 offset. There is absolutely nothing I’m finding that is hubcentric to a 2022 ST. Really hate to use hubcentric rings. Do you folks who’ve gone aftermarket rims find it typical using hubcentric rings? Not interested in the PI rims. If anyone is using a good looking 18” all black glossy wheel, please shoot a link my way.
How about the wheels off of an Explorer Timberline?

OP
Greywolf
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #3
Was looking at those. But I’m trying to go closer to zero offset and not have to add any spacers.

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I got some 18” Enkei wheels and Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S from Tirerack. Really pleased with this combo and set. I don’t think they are 0 offset but I didn’t need a hub spacer or anything. They matched right up.
Tire size is 265/65R18.wheels are Enkei performance px-10

Attachments

OP
Greywolf
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #5
I got some 18” Enkei wheels and Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S from Tirerack. Really pleased with this combo and set. I don’t think they are 0 offset but I didn’t need a hub spacer or anything. They matched right up.
Tire size is 265/65R18.wheels are Enkei performance px-10
Wow that is sweet looking. Exact look I want. Was that rim hub centric or did you have to get an adapter ring. Seems like every rim I look at is always larger then the 70.5 mm bore.

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
It’s hub centric. I didn’t do anything other than take off the old wheels and tires and mount the new ones. Been on for about 5,000 miles and no issues.

OP
Greywolf
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #7
If you don’t mind, can you tell me which exact rims you purchased so I can check on the spacing. Also, curious to see what the whole package cost you

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'd get te 18" Timberline wheels if you could find them.

Image.jpeg

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Yea I was looking at the timberline wheels but Enkei is a pretty reputable brand and I really like the way this setup turned out.

Enkei model #
536-880-6535BK

18X8 ENKEI PERFORMANCE PX-10 GLS BLACK

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...rer+ST+4WD&autoYear=2022&autoModClar=Standard

Tires: 265/65R-18 COOPER DISCOVERER AT3 4S SL

total price was $2210. That include mounted and balanced from tire rack along with black lug nuts and black valve stems, TPMS etc.

Tire rack had great customer service and were easy to work with. I’d do it again if I had too. Ride is same as stock if not a little smoother.

OP
Greywolf
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #10
Yea I was looking at the timberline wheels but Enkei is a pretty reputable brand and I really like the way this setup turned out.

Enkei model #
536-880-6535BK

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...rer+ST+4WD&autoYear=2022&autoModClar=Standard

total price was $2210. That include mounted and balanced from tire rack along with black lug nuts and black valve stems, TPMS etc.

Tire rack had great customer service and were easy to work with. I’d do it again if I had too. Ride is same as stock if not a little smoother.
I’m gonna follow you in your footsteps. Love that set up. Seems like the cooper tires are no longer available as the AT3 4S they are now AT3 LT

OP
Greywolf
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #11

Enkei model #
536-880-6535BK

One more question while I’m ordering it states that the TPMS sensors will automatically establish connection after about 20 minutes of driving without me having to do anything else. Did you find this to be true?

Edited: For grammer

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Yea it read the correct psi right away. I checked the psi in them once I got them mounted just to put them all at about 33. I didn’t get any low tire lights or anything. Hopefully your process with tire rack is just as smooth. Definitely opt for the black valve stems and they called me to confirm my order cause of the speed rating on the tires being lower and that’s when I asked about black lug nuts and they swapped them out with silver ones prior to shipping so that everything matched. Definitely worth it.

OP
Greywolf
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #13
You sold me. How do the tires feel/sound on the highway

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Very smooth. No more road noise than the stock tires.

OP
Greywolf
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #15
Hey, I just want to send you a gratitude of thanks. Just got my rims and wheels put on. I decided to go with the falkan at4s. But loving the rims my 24-year-old son said those rims look hot.

Attachments

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Hell yea that’s awesome!! How are those tires? I’ve always heard good things about them. Looks sharp

OP
Greywolf
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #17
Hell yea that’s awesome!! How are those tires? I’ve always heard good things about them. Looks sharp
Thanks much yes pretty happy with it. Also got some compliments on the rims already.
Those tires were scaring me when I first bought them concerning road noise. But I took them out on the highway and also in the city streets and I was so impressed that they were no different than the Perelli. The only difference is if you hit a very big pothole, the three ply rubber sidewalls made noise a bit more noticeable. But on a flipside, I think because there are three plies on the sidewalks. It also muffled the smaller bumps on the highway. Can’t be happier.

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Wondering the weight of one. I'll have to see.

OP
Greywolf
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #19
Wondering the weight of one. I'll have to see.
Join the timberline forum. I know a few folks had them for sale. I was going to pull the trigger, but the shipping was out of the question.