Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Recirculate BOV vs. Vent to Atmosphere BOV

Reactions
If i was going to buy again i would buy the VTA version. sounds better but at the same time it is not too loud. not like how crazy my focus with the HKS SSQbov. take a listen for yourself.

I hope this video helps you decide what you want to buy.

F=MA

Reactions
Why would you want to hear this Moby Dick sounding BOV spurting off every few seconds. Sounds like your applying the brakes on a big rig. I can see an emergency blow off valve on a high pressure boiler but not a 6 cylinder SUV. Guess my sugar high just kicked in o_O !!

Reactions
If i was going to buy again i would buy the VTA version. sounds better but at the same time it is not too loud. not like how crazy my focus with the HKS SSQbov. take a listen for yourself.

Which model and brand is the VTA?

Reactions
Why would you want to hear this Moby Dick sounding BOV spurting off every few seconds. Sounds like your applying the brakes on a big rig. I can see an emergency blow off valve on a high pressure boiler but not a 6 cylinder SUV. Guess my sugar high just kicked in o_O !!
I just stuck the Whoosh VTA adapter on mine. I personally love the sound when you're driving enthusiastically and let off on the throttle.

As the factory bypass valve is electronic, it doesn't activate on low boost, mild/moderate throttle. So when driving 'normally', it usually doesn't trigger.

Not like a vacuum actuated valve that opens every time you let off and pull a vacuum.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

OP
FatGuyBuilds_YT
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
I just stuck the Whoosh VTA adapter on mine. I personally love the sound when you're driving enthusiastically and let off on the throttle.

As the factory bypass valve is electronic, it doesn't activate on low boost, mild/moderate throttle. So when driving 'normally', it usually doesn't trigger.

Not like a vacuum actuated valve that opens every time you let off and pull a vacuum.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk
my stock one was leaking. the aftermarket versions seal better. if you look at how the sealing mating service looks.

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions

I would like to hear it as the vehicle drives by to get an accurate assessment of what it sounds like when driving it on the street and there are pedestrians and other vehicles nearby.

I'm thinking about the dual port TS BOV.