Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear windshield wiper delete.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Why did I think this would be a quick project? How long in total? Tried calculating by wings per minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s literally a 20 minute job.

Reactions
It’s literally a 20 minute job.
Oh yeah, you’re the reason I thought so. Good to know. Wife wants to hold onto her wiper. It rains like 5 times a year here and she doesn’t use it. I’m going to sneak it off!

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Oh yeah, you’re the reason I thought so. Good to know. Wife wants to hold onto her wiper. It rains like 5 times a year here and she doesn’t use it. I’m going to sneak it off!

You know if you do that and get f=caught your wife will tell all the other wives on their secret network and we'll all be in trouble.

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #24
Why did I think this would be a quick project? How long in total? Tried calculating by wings per minute

It is not a difficult project at all. It was a fun actually and didn't take any real effort. The beer and pizza was because we wanted beer and pizza. The chicken wings came with a promotion. We spent the entire day in the garage detailing my cars and my wife's car as well as the wiper delete project. We didn't look at the clock or even care what time it was. It is very rare that I get my brother all to myself (my sister-in-law just recently died of a 12-year brain cancer battle) so I took advantage of quality time with him. It was just a fun easy day with my brother, nothing more nothing less. If we had just done just the wiper removal and installation of the plug it would have taken 30 minutes max.

Last edited:
OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #25
You know if you do that and get f=caught your wife will tell all the other wives on their secret network and we'll all be in trouble.
I cannot afford another divorce.. He should leave his wiper on the freaking car. Lol

Reactions
Shit you might be right!

Reactions
It is not a difficult project at all. It was a fun actually and didn't take any real effort. The beer and pizza was because we wanted beer and pizza. The chicken wings came with a promotion. We spent the entire day in the garage detailing my cars and my wife's car as well as the wiper delete project. We didn't look at the clock or even care what time it was. It is very rare that I get my brother all to myself (my sister-in-law just recently died of a 12-year brain cancer battle) so I took advantage of quality time with him. It was just a fun easy day with my brother, nothing more nothing less. If we had just done just the wiper removal and installation of the plug it would have taken 30 minutes max.
Solid. Always fun hanging with bros

Reactions
On the way my friend.. the mailman took it this morning. South Florida to West Coast will probably take 3 to 5 days I would think.
Someone’s a man of his word! Appreciate you sending. Will find some things to practice on

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #29
Someone’s a man of his word! Appreciate you sending. Will find some things to practice on

My pleasure bro. The wiper delete was the best mod I did because that wiper looks ugly on the back window.
I was playing around with some more scraps and the satellite antenna not sure if I'm going to keep it probably not but it only takes 2 seconds to remove

20210411_144714.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Any or tricks for removing the interior panels on the rear hatch? Plan to do this wiper delete this weekend.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Old thread but... For those of you that have done the wiper delete, did you do anything with the washer and/or the wiper control circuit (other than just unplugging the motor) ?? Thanks

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Old thread but... For those of you that have done the wiper delete, did you do anything with the washer and/or the wiper control circuit (other than just unplugging the motor) ?? Thanks
Nope.