Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear windshield wiper delete.

Blackssr

Reactions
Can someone recommend what plug to purchase? I would like to remove the rear wiper from the tailgate and I would suspect I need to buy some type of plug kit.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Or goggle wiper delete. Many options out there.

Aramox Wiper Plug,Car Rear Wiper Block off Delete Kit Plug Grommet Caps Fit for Honda Acura CRX https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VZSZD1...abc_GVQTE1WD0250H76WWWEX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check this out at Amazon
Rear Wiper Delete Kit,Rear Wiper Delete Kit Car Waterproof Block Off Plug Cap for Rear Tailgate Wiper Arm ABS Black 37mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H1XV59B/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_glc_fabc_JCPQ70VFGAM7W0GPFSCN

This one will get to me tomorrow. Would it work, it comes in two sizes. My brother is down for Easter he can give me a hand. I'll order the one you recommend also in case this one doesn't work but do you think it will.

Thank you for going the extra mile I truly appreciate it. Happy Easter, if you celebrate, to you and your family

Last edited:

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
No problem .... As long as the 37mm covers the hole. Seems like it would. I like the idea of aluminum over plastic tho especially when it comes to tighten the bolt down.

If you do end up getting the other one you will need to shave a small portion down to clear the hole. It’s in the thread somewhere lol.

Happy Easter as well!

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
No problem .... As long as the 37mm covers the hole. Seems like it would. I like the idea of aluminum over plastic tho especially when it comes to tighten the bolt down.

If you do end up getting the other one you will need to shave a small portion down to clear the hole. It’s in the thread somewhere lol.

Happy Easter as well!

Thank you again.

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
One of the plugs showed up early this morning. I was the only one up. I have 10 family members in town so the wife is not going to take my brother and I spending the whole day in the garage doing this. Natalie is really cool and a car lover but she's been cooking for 2 days and I don't want to push my luck cuz it's cheaper to keep her. Lol. My brother is staying a few days and we will probably tackle it on Monday. It'll be fun because as teenagers we constantly worked on cars together and that was about 30 years ago. As such is life we started our own families and it's been years since we worked on cars together. I am looking forward to the one-on-one time with my brother. . With that said the plain boring black button needed a touch of flash so I wrapped it in carbon fiber VVivid Vinyl. Hahaha. It is all ready to be installed once we take the interior molding apart remove the wiper motor put the car back together it should look really nice.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
Pretty cool. CF looks real as opposed to vinyl, am I right? If so, curious how much that little swatch cost?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Pretty cool. CF looks real as opposed to vinyl, am I right? If so, curious how much that little swatch cost?

It’s just 3D vinyl.

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #12

It is some scrap vivid 3D vinyl that I always have laying around. Took about 20 minutes to apply to the little button. If you need a couple of inches of scraps I could send some to you if you would like.

Reactions
Damn that looks convincing. Thanks for the offer, might take you up on that

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #14
Damn that looks convincing. Thanks for the offer, might take you up on that

Anytime I'll even pay for the 50 cent stamp (lol) just PM me your address and I'll send you 8x6 piece.

Last edited:
Reactions
Anytime I'll even pay for the 50 cent stamp (lol) just PM me your address and I'll send you 8x6 piece.
PM coming...

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #16
Spent an awesome day with my brother. He assisted with my rear wiper delete project. Two six packs, two dozen chicken wings and a pizza and we finally got it done. It was an awesome day with my brother, no women, just him and I.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #17
PM coming...

On the way my friend.. the mailman took it this morning. South Florida to West Coast will probably take 3 to 5 days I would think.

Reactions
Spent an awesome day with my brother. He assisted with my rear wiper delete project. Two six packs, two dozen chicken wings and a pizza and we finally got it done. It was an awesome day with my brother, no women just him and I.
Looking sharp!

Reactions
On the way my friend.. the mailman took it this morning. South Florida to West Coast will probably take 3 to 5 days I would think.
Thank you kind sir! What shall I wrap

Reactions
Spent an awesome day with my brother. He assisted with my rear wiper delete project. Two six packs, two dozen chicken wings and a pizza and we finally got it done. It was an awesome day with my brother, no women just him and I.
Why did I think this would be a quick project? How long in total? Tried calculating by wings per minute