Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

rear window defrost de-lamination and then some

Reactions
One week after delivery, I noticed hair-like strings hanging from the rear window. I took the rig back to the dealership (West Hills Ford-Bremerton, WA). As I suspected the rear window defroster had failed. no biggie. warranty covered the fix.
The problem I have is this: Two weeks after fix I needed to use the rear window wash and it did not work. When I went back to Ford, they said not my problem, we 'sub-let' the work; And I was asked/told to go directly to the sub-let contractor to expedite repair.
The sub has been great, my Problem: This is a $58k+ 'special vehicle' and after a 'standard' warranty repair why would Ford rep tell me to go directly to the sub (auto glass plus, Bremerton wa)?

KegsBdry

Reactions
What were the hair-like strings hanging from the rear window?

Were they like little white hairs (almost like fiber glass)?

Reactions
That is not how warranty work goes, even if it was a disposable Ford Fiesta. If it fell within the bumper to bumper, or any extended service plan, it's their headache to fix their "sub contractors" screw up, not yours.

I'd be making a call to Ford Customer Care and not even involve your dealer at this point. They've made it obvious who they're looking out for. The caveat being, if you ever need the dealer to be on your side for anything, how will that go? Not that it matters, I guess - they've already showed you.

It's always a blessing in disguise to have little issues pop up like this to see how the process goes, because in the future, you now have an idea on who's looking out for who. Do you have another Ford dealer within reasonable driving distance you could befriend and maybe do a little business with to sweeten them up (all weather mats, etc...)?