Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear turn signal LED upgrade options

Reactions
Hey all,
Wondering if anyone knows which LED bulb options there are for the rear turn signals. I just purchased the Syneticus bulbs (photo below) with resistors but they look crappy. Daytime they flash amber/white and at night they just flash amber. They don't look like LED to me. Anyone know an alternative to upgrade the stock light bulbs?
Tks.

Screenshot_20220813-233646_Amazon Shopping.jpg

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
This is what I have. No need for the resistor... just turn off the hyperflash with Forscan.

SEALIGHT Amber Yellow 3157 3156... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PW4H7NC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Thanks. Seems to be sold out. I'm in Canada and use Amazon.ca so I'm trying to find an alternative to these. So many options. Is
there a specific number to search by that will fit the ST? I see 3157, 3156, etc. In the item description.
I like the resistor option because I'm a noob and don't know how to use forscan lol.
Tks.

Reactions
OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST

EasyMonies

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Is there any LED swaps that don’t require Forscan just plug and play?

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Is there any LED swaps that don’t require Forscan just plug and play?
I got a set noted above with photo but they were not good and flashed 2 different colors. I'm not sure I want to spend the $30 on a forscan device and have to figure out how to use it even though it seems simple just for led turn signals so my hope is to find a set that come with resistors to combat this.
The search continues.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I got a set noted above with photo but they were not good and flashed 2 different colors. I'm not sure I want to spend the $30 on a forscan device and have to figure out how to use it even though it seems simple just for led turn signals so my hope is to find a set that come with resistors to combat this.
The search continues.
Forscan license is about $15 a year too. Its easy to use. Alot of youtube video about it.

Travis

Reactions
OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
I replaced the signal lights with: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J5TJV5P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1, and the reverse lights with: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KCDCM1J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Other than a loose connection on the driver signal light I have had no issue.
Interesting. I purchased the same rear turn signal set from Synetica and returned them. My tail lights are tinted but with them installed, they looked like a strobe light flashing amber/white or you could say they flickered. Maybe I received a faulty set?

Reactions
Interesting. I purchased the same rear turn signal set from Synetica and returned them. My tail lights are tinted but with them installed, they looked like a strobe light flashing amber/white or you could say they flickered. Maybe I received a faulty set?
Yours were the dual color switchback model, Travis linked the plain amber model. Be like Travis, get the plain amber.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
On Forscan, under BCM. What is the hyper flashing called??

Reactions
On Forscan, under BCM. What is the hyper flashing called??
I don't remember the exact setting, but it's an option that refers to LED turn signals that you enable. I think it might have even said rear since the front are already LED.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I don't remember the exact setting, but it's an option that refers to LED turn signals that you enable. I think it might have even said rear since the front are already LED.
I found it. Rear Bulb Outage “disable”

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
Yours were the dual color switchback model, Travis linked the plain amber model. Be like Travis, get the plain amber.
Ahh that might be why...
Let me check into that then.
I want to be like Travis in this scenario if that's the case :)

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer King Ranch 4WD 3.0T
I replaced the signal lights with: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J5TJV5P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1, and the reverse lights with: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KCDCM1J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Other than a loose connection on the driver signal light I have had no issue.
I used the Signal lights linked above as well, zero issues, no odd flash pattern or color changes.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #20
I used the Signal lights linked above as well, zero issues, no odd flash pattern or color changes.
Confirming that using the amber/yellow only LED lights worked out. No more tri-color of white/yellow. Helps if you look at what you're buying before you do lol.
Thanks for the help.