Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear seat release by itself??

Roots

Reactions
Anyone else ever find their right rear captain chair has released and sliding forard when they get in the car. Mine seems to release when I unlock the doors(or maybe use car starter?) but I don't realize it until I hit the brakes and it slides forward scaring me to death! Of course nobody else is in the car...no worries. I think I had this before but it corrected itself, but I do not recall how I did it.

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
my driver's side captain chair would do that.

one of the many reasons I had Ford buy mine back.

OP
R

Roots

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
my driver's side captain chair would do that.

one of the many reasons I had Ford buy mine back.
I Read some posts, seems like it might just be the button is pushed in from when the kids last used the 3rd row.

Reactions
Anyone else ever find their right rear captain chair has released and sliding forard when they get in the car. Mine seems to release when I unlock the doors(or maybe use car starter?) but I don't realize it until I hit the brakes and it slides forward scaring me to death! Of course nobody else is in the car...no worries. I think I had this before but it corrected itself, but I do not recall how I did it.
My wife mentioned this to me and I thought she was crazy. Then it happened to me while driving, but I assumed maybe the kids pressed the button while getting out of the car. One night I pushed the seat back until it locked into place. The following morning I found the seat released and in the forward position. I took it to the dealer and they replaced a binding linkage on the side latch.
I also had issues with the 3rd row head rest not locking into place. Dealer took care of it as well. Both issues were on the passages side of the car