Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear Climate control recall

Reactions
Hopefully this is the last post on this, but it looks like Ford is back in business. See below:
1671578469333.png

Last edited:
OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
I didn't realize this was old news.

Mod, please delete this post.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I just got the same message today

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Pretty cool that they’ll come to you.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Received mine today also.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 EP
Guys, please ask your dealers to perform this via mobile service if they offer it. It’s a huge convenience and you’ll get it installed at home , place of work or wherever you prefer! Mobile service is awesome.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
My dealer didn't offer to put back the rear controls. They stated Ford no longer has rear controls and they provided the credit for not giving us controls.

I purchased the controls from another dealer on the east coast online and installed myself. Glad the rear heated seats were installed, so now we can use them.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 EP
My dealer didn't offer to put back the rear controls. They stated Ford no longer has rear controls and they provided the credit for not giving us controls.

I purchased the controls from another dealer on the east coast online and installed myself. Glad the rear heated seats were installed, so now we can use them.
You should have a document that you signed that gave you a credit for not having them and then a document that states you will get them the same way you would a recall.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
You should have a document that you signed that gave you a credit for not having them and then a document that states you will get them the same way you would a recall.
The only doc we signed at the dealer was stating that ford did not have any not-installed modules that needed to be updated post sale. That the credit was for them taking the rear climate controls off and also a credit for them not putting in a 4G hotspot with the tech package that came with it. So we were told that with taking the credit which we had no choice, Ford would not have to supply those items. Which was odd because they left the heated seats in the car (and got a credit for not having them since the rear controls is the only way to control heated rear seats) and everything else, same with the hotspot, not having the ability to install the hotspot router hardware, but the truck still has the 4G system in the infotainment screen (401a hightech package) to get OTA updates and other data, but just cant purchase in vehicle hotspot plans. But we wouldn't purchase that anyways, so no biggie not having the hotspot. Picture attached of window sticker.

And the rear hands free liftgate delete... I am going to get under and see if it's just the sensors missing, and the computer brain still there since the buttons and remotes control it. so in a few weeks, going to try to purchase the sensors and install, might have to enable via Forscan, so I can do that if needed. Asked in another thread if any knew what was missing from the '22 hands free delete and no one knew. So i'll figure that one out.

Just sucks buying a brand new off the truck to my garage vehicle and numerous items removed from it costing me to purchase it all and install myself... (the first time me or her has ever had a brand new vehicle, but we fell in love with the ST and had to get one) Also, pretty sure i'm going to purchase the Aviator subframe with the two Diff mount holes and swap that in before it breaks on my wife, already have tuned the truck some and added some under the hood goodies and don't want that to snap on us. Wiating for the 23 registration to open up for the ST driving experiance to sign up. Already communicated with them and so she is going to email me right when its posted, along with me checking on it daily after the new year, lol.

Attachments

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I'm confused now.

I thought giving the credit for not installed features means, you are not going to get those features, ever. Or if you want it later, you need to the pay the credit amount back.

Are you saying Ford will call and install the missing features and let you keep the credit you received,?

If so, is it only the heated seat controls coming back? Or all of them will be installed, as and when the parts are available?

PS : I don't think I have a document saying I will get them from Ford.

PPS : I don't have side roof rails, and My window sticker don't mention anything about it. Was it a feature deleted for MY 2022? Then again, I saw lot of explores at dealer lot with the roof rails installed.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
For 2022 models the side rails were a $250 option.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 EP
The credit was provided for them not being available at production/delivery. When parts become available your selling dealer will install them in the same way that they are a recall item. The likelihood of your dealer reaching out however is slim so if you do dealer service bring it up when you bring the car in,

Mackdaddy

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST replaced my 2022 that was totaled
they deleted my hands free liftgate mechanism and wi-fi hot spot, I hope they give back

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 EP
they deleted my hands free liftgate mechanism and wi-fi hot spot, I hope they give back
Those will not be. This rectification is only for rear controls/seat heaters

ahave2012

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
For those that are wondering about the deleted 2nd row heated seats and auxiliary functions, I just chatted with a Ford customer service agent, and they stated that all of our 2022 explorer ST's have the hardware built in to install at a later date. She told me to reach out to the service department where I purchased my vehicle and have them order the parts. I reached out and have ordered the parts and should be here next week. It really grinds my gears that NO ONE in the sales department mentioned this was an option at a later date. So THANK YOU to this forum for the information, it was very helpful. Please everyone go and do this because your little 50$ credit is NOT worth having these features.

Attachments

schmove

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Which dealers have this part in stock? I've contacted my local one as well as a few others in the east and west coast and they all told me it was on a national backorder with no eta.

ahave2012

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Which dealers have this part in stock? I've contacted my local one as well as a few others in the east and west coast and they all told me it was on a national backorder with no eta.
I just called my dealer in Prosper, Texas today, and he told me that they are readily available and is placing an order today.

swkim722

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park, CA placed an order for me last Saturday.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
The stock status seems to depend on if you've got heated seats in the rear or not. If you don't have rear heated seats, the controls are readily available. I got mine installed by the dealer this morning. Just reference TSB 22G01 and they should be able to figure everything out.