Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear A/C Control Delete

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I just received my 2022 ST and the rear controls were deleted. It is just a blank plate where the controls would normally be. The screen on the center console controls rear A/C system and even has the rear control lockout settings and everything. Question is, does anyone know if the harness is already behind the console and I can purchase the controls and just snap it in to work? I am thinking about pulling the console apart and checking to see if the harness is there. If it is, I was going to gamble and purchase the consoles and see if it works.

OP
mharris1984
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Thank you so much! I will remember that! I got the rear AC credit and the rear heated seats credit. I hope the seats have the modules and run the wires like this post and just adding the head unit will activate them! I also have the rear hands free credit as well, so I wonder if there is a module to just snap in for the wave your foot under bumper to open hatch... I'll search for that first, lol.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I also had that happen, I just picked her up Monday. The 2nd row heated seat controls + climate controls, hands-free liftgate sensor and 4G hotspot are not there due to the chip shortage.

But my dealer gave me a sheet from Ford with the missing part list, and said I'll still get them in 3-6 months. They'll give me a call and I just come in and they'll put them in. Are you sure you're not in a similar situation?

My boy is still in a car seat, and the other people we have in the vehicle on occasion will never even realize for now haha, so it doesn't really affect me at the moment.

RTM

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Same here. Mine has a plate where the controls should be. I bought mine in May and haven't heard anything from the dealer.

OP
mharris1984
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Dealer had no idea why the controls were not there and then shrugged and said "I guess it doesn't come with it anymore" so I wish they would have put them in or told me they will.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Dealer had no idea why the controls were not there and then shrugged and said "I guess it doesn't come with it anymore" so I wish they would have put them in or told me they will.
If your dealer doesn't know why your new vehicle order didn't come with an option I may look for a new dealership or rep that you're working with...lol.

OP
mharris1984
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
I'll have to call and ask. I wonder if they can look up by vin